Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Using Gb and Diamonds in Self Service!
Started by [E] яєvєℓѕ21

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object> Nooo, don't rebel against MCTown, I love that plugin!!! I honestly don't see why people find it so hard to understand, once I started using it, I learnt it fairly quickly!! I think that if you put a little time in to learning it, you will get the hang of it and you will see it is a very good plugin, that is just my Opinion though!

You may say that it is very easy and simple to use /region.. to add someone to a plot, however doing it that way requires a mod to make that plot for you, and to make all the plots and regions within your town, however with MCTown, the mod only needs to create one region (the territory) and then you can do all the rest yourself, without the need for tons of PEs. You can create any plots, districts or regions you like, within your town whenever you like!! 

So with a bit of time learning this plugin, you could realise that it is a very good solution for managing towns, and, if more people used it, it would dramatically reduce the number of PEs the mods have to deal with so they could spend more time working on other petitions and projects!
OR, you can do what I do. Everyone is added to the city protection, bam... no /pe's needed except to expand the city.
Revels, I am curious - when I try and create the SelfService sign it tells me I don't have permission - and I'd hate to have to contact a mod simply to place a sign which will be deleted once the plot is bought

How did you do this yourself (if you did)?

Neil
Are you sure you're the owner of the region that you are trying to sell? Did you add the plot/district/town you are trying to place the sign in as your active plot/district/town? The problem isn't with the SelfService sign, its most likely something with regions and MCTowns. Also, when I do my selfservice signs, I place them inside the region (on the border) rather than outside, so the sign is still within the region. Hope this helps <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Ye, I agree with Anonymous!! Make sure you are owner, not just member, of the region you are trying to sell and the parent region, if there is one!!

Also dunsjohn, what you do is what airbornejones used to do (previous owner of watersedge, for anyone that didn't know). This lead to people breaking in to other peoples houses and greifing etc. This is why Zionia moved his house out of the town, and why I decided to go through the hassel of changing it in to an MCTown!
I have to say, I'm kind of confused about why people hate MCTowns so much. I've never used it before and managed to get it pretty well figured out in MAYBE an hour. The only issue I had was that I didnt think to have my old region protection removed after having the town founded (looking back, should have been obvious I guess). Sure, its a little time consuming, but theres really nothing difficult about it once you read through the wiki page and mess around with the commands a bit.

Still think this is a good idea!! Hopefully it will get taken on-board!! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Fettuccini wrote:
I have to say, I'm kind of confused about why people hate MCTowns so much. I've never used it before and managed to get it pretty well figured out in MAYBE an hour. The only issue I had was that I didnt think to have my old region protection removed after having the town founded (looking back, should have been obvious I guess). Sure, its a little time consuming, but theres really nothing difficult about it once you read through the wiki page and mess around with the commands a bit.

I personally dont like it because when it first hit the server me and dunsjohn tried getting perms and regions and all that crap to work, and We were having issues, even after we were reading and following the wiki step by step..

And it turned out that after I had all my regions and the town removed from mctown's the problem was that /Regions was conflicting with it...

But since the town im working on will not be for resisents to purchace land, IIt was much easier to just stick with regions and add people as needed.

I "MAY" but not guaranteeing that i may try MCTowns once again on my new project area, only to toy around with it..