Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Using Gb and Diamonds in Self Service!
Started by [E] яєvєℓѕ21

Whilst sorting out my town, Watersedge, for use with the MCTown plugin, I have started to use the Selfservice plugin, which allows someone to buy a lot, marked out by me, without needing me, or anyone, to be there to give them that lot. All they do is type in /selfservice buy whilst looking at the sign, and the lot is theres, simple!!

However, one slight annoyance with the Selfservice plugin, which is why I don't use it on every lot, is that you can only set it up to be bought with MTC. So I thought it would be a good idea if, especially for the cheaper lots, you could set it up so the player can pay in gold or diamond. Possibly it could work like the Duckshop plugin where you set a chest for the gold or diamond to go in to when someone buys a lot or something like that!

I'm sure there are probably lots of complications and reasons why this would be hard, or impossible to do, so if it can't be done I would understand, however I think it is a good plugin with lots of potential, and could be made a lot better with the addition of this feature!!
Any thoughts on this?
That's a great idea, to be able to buy with gold/diamonds. I think it should be made that you have to have gold or diamond as the active hand held item, then do the /buy stuff. I would totally agree with this (even though I don't use MCTowns). It shouldn't be too hard. I think they only have to rewrite the line about buying. Adding gold or diamonds in with the mtc as possible items.
Exactly, the only problem I could see with it was where the gold went when someone bought a plot, however they could use the same system as duckshop, where you select a chest for it to go in to!!
Hmm, I see your point. Maybe a duckshop link? example:

name

description

amount

like:

dunsjohn

lotorg1

10 gingots

dunsjohn

lotorg15

32 diamond

Something like that. However, they'd need to have lot first, the the abbreviation for your city/district, then the number. This way it's unique. I wonder if it is possible to implement this idea? You'd have a wall of signs in the area, all linked one double chest in your city coffers, where the gold/diamonds are sent.

This is just my opinion of how it should function.
I love the concept of the idea, but same as MCTowns, this is going to be a pain in the neck to learn and implement. Imagine, creating a town, then a district, then plots, then connecting the plots to signs, then connecting the signs to a chest. Conpared to creating a single region with 1 command for adding anyone you want, I think this is awfully complicated. Also, since for some reason, the region names are ridiculously long, I doubt you could fit a whole region name into a single line on a sign. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but I'm not the greatest fan of MCTowns <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I'll just stick with my region protection for now.
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> lol anon, I know you're not a fan!! (Hope you've been readin' up though <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>) 

I know a lot of people aren't fans of this plugin, including my town assistants and some mods, however for me this plugin is great!! To start with I read a little on the wiki however I learnt better through using it and I picked it up quickly! Now I can do anything without the need to look at the wiki at all!!

This plugin is great because it means I can manage my towns without the need for tons of PE's and mods having to come create a new region every time I need a new plot making, which I'm sure the mods will appreciate aswell!! This plugin also means that all the plots are clearly linked, rather than being separate regions with the same parent region, and the districts and territories allow me to control who has permissions in each part of the town!!

So this is a very convenient plugin, once you learn how to use it and set it up, even though there are a few things which could be improved!!

That is why I like to use this plugin in my towns, and if the Self-service plugin could just get this one little change, it would make for a very handy pair of plugins which would mean I could set up my town without constantly bothering the mods, and then people could buy the lots in the town without needing me to be around to sell them!! 

So these plugins do take a while to learn and set up, however in the end I think it is worth it and it would be relatively easy to change, I think ( I could be wrong ), and even easier because, I believe, that it was created by the Minetown Dev Team, correct me if I am wrong! 

So hopefully this change can/will be implemented which, I believe, would result in a much more efficient town system!!
VVAnonymousVV wrote:
I love the concept of the idea, but same as MCTowns, this is going to be a pain in the neck to learn and implement. Imagine, creating a town, then a district, then plots, then connecting the plots to signs, then connecting the signs to a chest. Conpared to creating a single region with 1 command for adding anyone you want, I think this is awfully complicated. Also, since for some reason, the region names are ridiculously long, I doubt you could fit a whole region name into a single line on a sign. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but I'm not the greatest fan of MCTowns <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I'll just stick with my region protection for now.

Trust me (all people under the age of 16, gtfo of this post, but you can read the rest of this thread, because I'm going to swear, sorry). MCTowns is a bitch, I hate it, and I'll never use it. I was only saying for those that do use it. I love my region. /region addmember <region name> <player name> bam, give me my diamonds boy/girl (to whomever is wanting my lot). As to the connecting the sign, as I said you could use abbrviations for the city/district. i.e. if I put my city of Soshiki.

My protection is called Organization. My faction is also called Organization, short hand ORG. I have my city divided into sections (so the mtc example would work if I ever chose to use it). I have residential and market, and then the rest is still up for whatever I want to use. That's the background.

I start using mctowns (pretend I'm super smart and figured out how to use it, but in reality... it is far too complicated to even deal with). Residential and Market are both made as districts. City is called (for region name) Organization, still. I make lots in the residential sector, 1-30.

my sign for a lot is as follows:

dunsjohn

lotorgres17

20 gingot

Simple for the sign. Maybe the sign would have to be placed inside the plot so it would be easier to write? I don't know. But there's my idea of the simplified version of connecting the sign to the lot.

Again, I hate MCTowns and I think we should all start a rebellion and kill MCTowns, because it's an evil energy... and evil is bad. Let the rebellion begin!!!! lol.
MCTowns was not created by MT staff. Do a google search, you'll find it on a lot of different MC forums.
Sorry if I was unclear, but I meant the Self-service plugin not the MCTown plugin!!