Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Buy back diamond
Started by [E] simworld

Dear admin/mod,

I hope this will not consider as spamming forum thread.

ref: http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/2204613-currency-deflation-end-minetown

I refer to the discussion on the topic Currency deflation, after being suggest, listen to some suggestion (probably 1% of the member). I would like to try asking for a services from bank or credit shop to have a "bank back" service for the diamond.

Since the selling for diamond cost 150MTc in Credit shop. I am suggesting buy back price for the diamond would be around 100-120Mtc.

This buyback diamond and make the market more realistic, and either trade in diamond or gold. The difference wouldnt be much.

Thanks for your reading. Please dont "bad vote" me, just vote in poll enough. It's something about our virtual world, not about my personal behavior....^_^

There is one problem:

Player-owned shops sell diamonds for around 30 MT

People could then buy diamonds for 30 MT and sell them for about 4 times as much.

I think we should keep it minimal and wait for the diamond market to shoot back up. It will. I can feel the tensions rising...
i dont think so. bcos the demand for MT more than diamond.

Probably server can roll back when decision made. Atm, no body will buy cheap diamond yet.

And dont think people buying diamond so far, if does, most likely are new player..

Even I am currently try promoting "buy back", I still no buy any cheap diamond from the market....bceause no decision make. It's kinda risk when no decision made. It's either you gain triple (if bank buy back) or you loss (if no buy back)

So, if server decide today now at 10am probably. giving 1 days for annoucement, a rollback to today 10am should be done on tomorrow. After that, everything would seem much better n nicer.

Anyway, it's just my suggestion. Decision still comes from admin.
Lol_whut_translated.jpg
There is a shop that I go to that sells diamonds for 30 mtc. It always has a ton of diamonds in it, seriously. If they said I could sell diamonds, then, for 100-120 mtc... heck, I'd keep buying for 30 and selling for 100-120 until that store ran out of diamonds, sell them all, and then I'd have roughly 10,000 mtc in profits, when I'd just start out with 1250 mtc (from voting one day). That's a serious issue, I believe. I'm not trying to be insulting of you, though, so please don't downvote me anyone. I'm offering an opinion from an economic standpoint. I wrote a ton about how the economy would crash if we implement your current method, on the above link. I urge you to please read it.

Also, a rollback won't fix ANYTHING if they implement this. Stores will STILL sell for 30mtc. Even if they wish to change it, they might not be able to log on until it's too late.

You'd have to temporarily remove duck shop, so NO ONE can buy/sell with credits, then wait a while for prices to stabilize, AND THEN implement a revised version of your idea (which, again, is posted on the link you gave). Again, I'm not trying to insult you or talk bad about you. I'm merely trying to offer an opinion from an economical standpoint, and unbias-more logical standpoint.
dunsjohn, I didnt downvote. See my reply above.
I'm not saying you did, cykoh77. There are other people who would, though, to whom of which I was trying to talk to. I don't downvote people either, unless they do something seriously bad. i.e. Raging so hard on a forum about a game... >.> Yeah... those ones deserve a downvote. I believe that your opinions are somewhat good, they just need revisions, is all. I'm only trying to help you formulate a better, more revised, proposed plan.
ok.....your help gain you a +1 vote...
Cykoh, the reason for the decrease in the value of diamonds is because of the demand for credits. As more people vote, the supply of credits will go up, causing the demand to go down, which will therefore increase the prices of diamond again. This is because its much harder to obtain diamonds by mining then it is to vote daily. People will gain credits faster than shop owners getting diamonds, so stores selling diamonds will quickly run out if they don't increase the price. It happens IRL too. Whatever item is in high demand, will cost more. (100 credits used to cost about 2 diamonds, but now costs about 3-3 1/2 because the demand for credits is higher) As the demand is met, the price will decrease again. Sorry if I'm ranting <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I'll stop here.
Anonymous, yeah. I know the supply-demand curve. it's just the "free market" toooo free to lowballing the diamond become 30mtc..that's too low.