Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Suggestion: A way to combat server lag
Started by [E] Klawful

From my experience on smaller personal minecraft servers,

A lot of serverside lag and memory usage is also dedicated the the mods and add-ons that are applied to that server.
Um, most you guys wont be kicked. I highly doubt ur ping is anywhere near 250.

I'm from New Zealand, and mines 120 on average.

This would just eliminate the few people who ARE trying to play on a TERRIBLE connection, which slows the server down.
yea if they get rid of the terrible connectivity on the server hopefully they can get a few more pings <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Lag = Number of Players X Number of Plugins X Average Ping of Players.

Editing any one of those factors will reduce lag in general.
Did you do it cus when my ms gets below 200 it sais ping reseption failure
Klawful wrote:
Um, most you guys wont be kicked. I highly doubt ur ping is anywhere near 250.

I'm from New Zealand, and mines 120 on average.

This would just eliminate the few people who ARE trying to play on a TERRIBLE connection, which slows the server down.

My ping in Minetown averages 250-400 ping spikes.

I have very good internet as well.
I bet I have the worst connection of anyone on the server. I'm deployed so all I get is wireless internet that barely stays connected, even though I'm 5 miles from a major city. It's pretty awesome...
Happyworm360 wrote:
Noh wai

Also, craftermaster, FPS lag is very different to server lag.

i know its just if they have low fps along with server lag it helps
From what I remember, lag is barely based on average ping of players if at all, especially when compared with amount of players and the running plugins on the server. If you had 100 Euros instead of 100 Americans, you'd hardly notice a difference in the server ping, where if you had 80 people instead of 100 people, you'd notice a much more substantial one.

That would imply that at times of high server traffic, an idea may be that guests would be kicked. Or optionally plugins would be changed.
Wait. Best idea right here:

A seperate server for guests.This would DRAMATICALLYreduce lag to a minimum and the guests server can be run by say an admin as to not overload sawine's computer.