Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Suggestion: Purchasable flying rights (With proven building skills)
Started by [E] Klawful

I suggest that anyone who has donated more than $20, can spend $40-50 to access flying.... however....

This would be limited to skilled builders ONLY, so players would have to prove they have well above standard building skills before being granted the ability to fly. Players would be limited to 1 application per 2 months, and a mod/admin would be in-charge of determining if the skills are good enough.

With this guide-line, VERY few players would qualify. But those who do, would be able to use the flying ability to build even more awesome stuff for the server in much less time.

Also:

Players who donate $200 don't have to pay the $40-50, they just need to prove skills.

Players who donate $300 get flying, and qualify instantly regardless of build skills.

This would greatly encourage server donations. I can guarantee it.

I'm sorry but That's a stupid idea
We dont have 'builder' ranks, many servers do that and we are not like them. If we see a skilled builder we ask them if they would mind helping us build something for the server when we need it.

Flying about causes lag, many people will abuse this and its also one of the small perks a moderator gets. Wouldnt feel as special if everyone could fly about lol.
This has been suggested too many times already.

Sorry, but it has been shot down already.
It wouldn't be a rank, and I can honestly say I've seen barely 5-6 buildings so far that the builder would qualify. 3-4 flying people wouldn't lag the entire server.
Wow that's very untrue many building in minetown are verry good
Klawful. Try explore most of the city. Probably you've not explore all yet. There're many great builder in Minetown (excluding me I am sure).

However, probably instead of suggest flying. Can try suggest "undead from falling" for certain donation. I think this "undead" idea can be a great helps for great builder since they need to go very high.
cykoh: If you become a $300 donator, you will not lose your items upon death (excluding pvp). You won't become "invincible", but you won't lose anything either if you die from falling.
Yup. Sadly a $300 in my country is about 1000. Which is 2-3months salary for a clerk. Just for undead to spend 1000+ in real cash......it's killing me....lol
How do you define "Skilled Builder" vs "Standard Builder"? I consider myself a skilled builder, but to the next guy he might think I'm average, so there is a lot of grey area between skilled and standard. Also who would buy the right to fly for 40-50 dollars for the right to fly in a game? Just use dirt scaffolding, keeps the game cheap and somewhat a challenge...