Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Quick question on mctowns
Started by Unknown User

Once I have done everything

Found my town

Made some districts

And so on

Is it POSSABLE to extend the territory boundrys without removing everything

Bump
I believe it is.

However MCTowns is currently fudging up, I, nor a few other people I've heard in chat, are able to do /to active reset, and becase of this thus unable to add districts/add players/ etc etc

So you'll be able too....if this current mctowns issue gets fixed, i believe. Territ_main will be expanded and any districts/plots will simply remain whererthey are.
Ok

So I was planning to swap the protection of my town to mctowns but will this make it unable to edit my town
oh right i thought you meat you were going to expand an already existing territ_main.

In that case - no. the original protections won't be converted, they may remain but wouldn't be part of the city itself.

As such you'd have a hard time allowing perms as you'd likely have to add the player to the territ_main AND the original protection, which would mean sid player had unrestricted access to city, thus defeating the point of McTowns.

I estimate you could, with a mod paying attention/to guide, should you be unfamiliar with the workings of McTowns, convert it all to mctowns compatible in about an hour, assuming a largish city.
Yeah

Basically I am asking if there is any pint of me converting my town protections this week end
The procedure for converting normal WorldGuard regions to MCTowns involves removing current protections, as MCTowns creates its own protections which may conflict with the old ones. So you would initially need to redo all subprotections. Then if at some point you wish to expand your territory, you would need to create a petition for that. A staff member will add the extra land, which will not clear your existing MCTown protections.

In regards to the glitch, at the end of last week/beginning of this one, the MCTowns database became corrupted. That resulted in MCTowns "forgetting" what cities had been made with it, but all protections remained intact (along with who owns what). Anybody affected by the glitch is advised to either have their town founded again (which would clear protections) or return to doing petitions for subregions (plot protections).
Ok so I can still do the big protection swap on Saturday?
Yes Barney, you can. But keep in mind:

• You will have to remove any of the plot regions already within your city. (Take note of all your residents because you will have to re-do the regions)
  • Make sure your residents know what is going on. They will not be able to build on their plot until they are reassigned.
  • To make the process go as seamless as possible, study up on how you go about making the town... The wiki is an exelent source and links to iSoccer's video: http://mc.minetown.net/wiki/index.php/MCTown_Plugin
  • If you need help, send me a forum PM or respond to this thread.
Ok thanks

The big thing Is getting a list of names as I did not own the town when they were sold

I have made a forum post and I have put stuff on the boards but It seems that no one has seen it?

Hmmm

Well

Their loss when they don't read the notices