Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mob spawn eggs in a /kit?
Started by [E] Yield

They may be useless but brilliant in decoration! You can stick them behind glass counters in a shop and make them look like shop keepers or I could make a gimp cage and stick one in there.

Theres so much fun you could have using them for decoration <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I agree with Yield on the note that as most spawner eggs can be obtained within a day of voting, a /kit with them wouldn't have severe reprecussions. Perhaps a 'collecive' kit, where you select ie /kit cowegg, and the type of egg you choose depends on how long you must wait until you ca redo an egg kit?

So for example if you did /kit slimeegg you may need to wait 48hrs before you could /kit another egg, of any sort. Naturally as they are worth to the tune of an average 1000mtc each, a large colldown period would be neccesary. Personally if such kits were available i'd likely donate a total $200, perhaps $300 over time.

Unsure how this would be implemented tho <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

And Danni, although useful the eggs aren't really worth THAT much, I feel giving them only as a one-off offer in a donator pack would make it a much less worthwhile excuse to donate :/
DanniDorrito wrote:
They may be useless but brilliant in decoration! You can stick them behind glass counters in a shop and make them look like shop keepers or I could make a gimp cage and stick one in there.

Theres so much fun you could have using them for decoration <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

shop counter followed by gimp cage...

that's danni for you.

fun for decoration...until, ofc, they despawn.
Are you sure egg spawned mobs despawn?

Tamed animals dont
I had around 40 chickens in a farm area, completely sealed, - all of them vanished. Likewise with a sheep i'd minecarted in.
It's because intensive server activity was halted to fix the piston problem. In essence, all animals died.
it's happened previously too, before the piston debacle.
So

Do egg spawned animals despawn ever?
BARNEY626 wrote:
So

Do egg spawned animals despawn ever?

They usually don't despawn, but It is possible to lose them. Recently when resource intensive features were disabled so that a server crashing redstone circuit could be deactivated, animals (maybe all mobs?) disappeared. The egg spawned animals I had didn't reappear after the features were restored.
No I dont think so, I think server issues sometimes cause animals to despawn x