Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Random crash in server just now?
Started by [E] Bloodbred

Update: I'm getting the same things on the other servers I play on... Could this be the same issue? I'm guessing I'm the only one having the problem at the moment, since I have seen an increase of members on the server...
dancraft200 wrote:
Worst case scenario for me was the 20hours was it or 2 I cant remember?

Dan, the only time that I recall lasted that long was the server transfer, when we upgraded to new hardware. We can't complain about that. That has allowed for us to restore some pluggins and increase our member capacity. Overall, the server switch has been better for Minetown.
Also, please show me the error screen if you can, or type out what the error is (word for word is preferable). Depending on what error is if there is a problem with the server, your client, your computer, your connection or any of various causes.
Well.. It's hard to take a screenshot or write down word for word for what the problem is.. because the technical stuff flashes for half a second. But I recognized one word there: Problem. That's all I could read before it went black.
Unfortunately I can't give any advice, then, without having some idea of what the cause is. I'm sorry that I'm not of much use in this case. May I suggest, however, logging on and keep letting it crash. This way, after a while you can see what the error is, and send to me. Then I'd have some good advice for you. Also, have you tried system restore yet?

And you might want to check your firewall settings, too, just in case.

I downloaded new Nvidia drivers for my graphics card and ethernet driver, and hard drive (and various other things). During this upgrade, the same thing happened and I had to go into my Nvidia control panel and set Minecraft as a priority program, so window's wouldn't say it crashed (because I assumed my internet kept being cut out off the program since it only happened while I was on the server). Does it work when you play single player, or does it still crash with that?
It works when I play singleplayer, but a strange thing is that when I went to play on my other mulitplayer server I fell in lava and it killed me and the same thing happened. I think this may be a relation, but when I was on minetown when this happened I was in water. Just something random. This happened in the same day btw.
Oh, this problem. My upgraded drivers solved this (mostly) for me. Sometimes when I go through a warp, it just crashes with the load (but it's an instant crash, not a time-out error). I'm guessing it's an instant crash for you too? It's also happened to me when I went in water. I think it's a problem with the processor, maybe? Do you use a Windows or Mac? For a windows, just see about updated all drivers on your computer. If a Mac... I'm not sure how those work, to be honest. I've only used my best friend's mac once, and I can't understand it... lol.
Are you sure? I have upgrade my processors and my graphics card a couple months ago.. And I've died in lava a different server before. I have Windows XP.
I had two updates for my hard drive, graphics card and ethernet drivers (and others as well) in the last week alone.
I wanted to play on the server SO bad and I ruined my chance when I tried to kill a skeleton while underwater. >_>