Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Rules in Nether?
Started by Unknown User

At approximately 8:00pm PST MastaC wrote (on the "banned for stealing nether warts" thread/poll):

"I wanted to make a thread explaining the new rules in the Nether, but due to a busy schedule because of college, I forgot. But I have some free time at the moment, so I'm going to make one right now.

As for his ban, I agree with Zionia; unless the nether warts are from a nether ruin, there is to be no stealing of them. More about this will be explained in the thread. Also, this appeal is not in the proper format, so I will lock this thread. Post a proper ban appeal and then maybe we will reconsider your ban."

*As of 3:05am PST, this thread he "forgot" to make has not yet been created.

I think someone needs to go ahead and take the 5 minutes to actually write this thing, so we can all be clear as to the supposed "new rules" in the Nether.

And then when that's done the poor kid Zionia wrongfully banned for stealing from someone's wart farm should be unbanned. Why? Well, let's follow the logic:

Until this thread announcing the "new rules" is created, there are no official new rules, or at the very least one could say it would be difficult for people to follow the "new rules" without being properly informed as to what they are. See how that works?

So anyone banned for stealing nether warts from nether farms BEFORE the time-stamp on MastaC's hypothetical "new rules" thread (yet to be created), needs to be unbanned as they did not break any rules, the rules do not yet exist.

That kid "RedX" needs to be unbanned. I don't much like to see people (especially new players) banned for violating NO rules. Had that happened to me early on I would have simply left and found another server and of course would have never donated nearly as much as I have. You should not make him jump through hoops and file a ban appeal, as he did nothing against the rules, so you just un-ban him because it's the correct thing to do. (Without making a big drama out of it.) That is the only proper response to this situation.

And some responsible Admin needs to please take the time to write this "new rules" thread. If Masta can't, won't, or whatever, there are a few other capable Admins with some linguistic ability: So let them do it. But it needs to be done, and should have been done before we started banning people for stealing from nether farms.

Logic is fun, is it not?! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
I was under the impression that the Nether was Hell and that there were no rules, no bans for stealing/griefing in the Nether. However it is fairly common knowledge that you CAN get things protected in the Nether. It is my view that if you fail to get your stuff in the Nether protected, then you are on your own.

I'll try and figure out the "official" rules and post them
OkiFool66 wrote:
I was under the impression that the Nether was Hell and that there were no rules, no bans for stealing/griefing in the Nether. However it is fairly common knowledge that you CAN get things protected in the Nether. It is my view that if you fail to get your stuff in the Nether protected, then you are on your own.

I'll try and figure out the "official" rules and post them

Thanks Oki.

I thought the Nether was "Hell" too! And I liked it! It fits the scene, you know? And since the war world is still disabled (right?), it's the only place where illicit activities can be undertaken.

I've been telling every new player who has asked me over the past two months that the Nether was "no rules and anything goes," so I feel kinda bad that someone might have been banned over something I had told them. :\

(I don't know "RedX" and did not tell him anything about the Nether, but I have told loads and loads of peoples that the Nether is "grief/kill/steal OK") <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
as far as i know the war world is back open

just telling <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
ikailaz wrote:
as far as i know the war world is back open

just telling <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Still shouldn't affect the Nether rules
Pineapples
Mastac has a life and is one of the oldest and original admins of the server if I do remember correctly.

All the admins are responsible without a doubt, and will do it when they feel like it, probably now since someone took the time to complain for someone else's sake...
This case is currently being discussed in the staff section.
Quote:
Mastac has a life

and I don't understand how that matters. I breath air too, as all of you.

Edit: I will guess you probably meant that he got a bit "lost" in the application of a rule because is isn't as active as some other staff members are.
sawine wrote:
This case is currently being discussed in the staff section.
Quote:
Mastac has a life

and I don't understand how that matters. I breath air too, as all of you.

Edit: I will guess you probably meant that he got a bit "lost" in the application of a rule because is isn't as active as some other staff members are.

I meant it as he has real life problems, I remember how stressful college, work, etc. was.

It's easy to lose track of what is going on here on the server or forums if you've been dealing with other issues or inactive.
GACK&dagger; wrote:
Mastac has a life and is one of the oldest and original admins of the server if I do remember correctly.

All the admins are responsible without a doubt, and will do it when they feel like it, probably now since someone took the time to complain for someone else's sake...

Exactly. I had to go out of my way to speak up on a wrongful ban in order to get MastaC or whomever to write this silly little "new rules" thread. That's ridiculous.

Having a life is excellent, but writing this only takes five minutes... if anyone is claiming that taking the time to write these new rules would in any way detract from the quality of one's life, I think that person is full of you-know-what. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

And it has still not been written. ?

Uh... I hope you guys unbanned that "RedX" kid -- seeing as Sawine himself clearly stated that these "new rules" are still being discussed. And why are we banning players over rules which are only in discussion and not yet implemented?

Bad form kids, bad form indeed!

As I said: I hope you unbanned RedX.

Until this "new rules" thread of MastaC's is actually written, I'm not voting for Minetown. It's all well and good to be a jerk and irresponsible (not naming any names), but to ban players for breaking hypothetical rules is crazy.

Yep.