Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest starting area
Started by [E] hunter9340

Remember we were all like WTF I CARNT BUILD at the start. The only difference was we were bothered enough to read about the server and figure it out!!!
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> when i got on i tried to break stuff, then when onto minetown.net/join :/
New here but ill chime in. Its quite simple what I have to say. The only way to have a growing, flourishing community/server is to lose the "screw the guests/noobie" mentality. And why not try to to guide players best we can as they discover minetown?
Because most of them are either ignorant or just flat out stupid
put the guests in a small room in a small world and thats all.
ComanderSparklez wrote:
Because most of them are either ignorant or just flat out stupid

Being "ignorant" is probably the most direct reason to guide new players.. I feel you disagree with my statement but you seem to argue for it? Care to explain?
I think that the guest should have a seperate world they spawn in, but cant get out, untill they become members, then they have the command to go somehwere.
Waste of time. If the guests are too lazy to read the notice boards at spawn, they can get fucked, because I'm not giving them no special treatment.
Them being "ignorant" is the REASON we cant help them!
Everyone is ignorant (lacking knowledge) at the beginning. Maybe you mean to choose a different adjective? Are you saying all guests who arent sure what they are suppose to do in the start are less intelligent maybe? But that would be quite a broad generalization wouldnt it?