Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest starting area
Started by [E] hunter9340

lol drupe i didnt think u would use that signature xDD
If this is possible, please do it. Guests do not read the sodding signs.
A lot of good ideas ... While I would not want to deter any guest I do believe that their chat massages are really making an impact.

After giving this some thought, I have a couple of thoughts and ideas.

As Zionia suggested, If they were to originally spawn in Guestworld, without the ability to solicit help by way of chat, it would either force them to adapt, read and live or abandon the server and try another ( probably not the desired result ).

Perhaps we could reshape Guestworld to have an small but impressive indestructible entrance similar to spawn, and shortly past that an open area with large signs stating that this is only a sample of what awaits them in the main worlds, once they are members.

These Signs would state that "this is GuestWorld" and until membership is granted they will only be able to communicate with other guests.

This area would be critical as the SIGNS need to be LARGE with short CLEAR messages.

Examples :

"FOLLOW THE PATHS

"TO GET TOOLS AND BUILD"

"JOIN AT MINETOWN.NET

TO BE A MEMBER"

"MEMBERS CAN DO

A LOT MORE !"

"HELP OTHER GUESTS"

"PVP NOT AVAILABLE

FOR GUESTS"

"NO FIRE OR MONEY

FOR GUESTS"

This way other more experienced Guests could help the other guests figure out how to play, etc.

Past the sign area along forced paths ( possibly vertical bluffs ) it would open up into a regular world seeded with tons of trees.

In this portion of the world they could build.

I would also propose regular member mentor/mods that could help guests with a mt credit perk for time spent helping guests.

It wouldn't need to be much, as there are many regular members that already do this. I would be willing to volunteer.

Well thats my .02 and let me know what u guys think !

Dim
I agree with everything Dim said. That is pretty much exactly what was running through my head.
Good Ideas. I myself, find it annoying of how many guests there are, seemingly uncontrolled. It's good to see people taking matters into their own hands <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
im glad minetown is getting more players but.... come on! when i joined we had little players! now its up in the hundreds! and most are guests :/ i agree with dim