Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest starting area
Started by [E] hunter9340

hunter9340 wrote:
okay so i justlogged on and seen that we have a ton of guest <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> guests are what make up our community, but most are asking "why cant i build" or "where can i build?!" so ive been thinking for a few weeks now, how about a starting area?

Where Guests join ( one time ) and they are sent into this room and it tells them the rules and where to join, i know a lot of servers do this. but, the number of guests online is wonderful BUT half of them leave because they can build :/ we lose members that way, and ive been wanting this starting area, soo anyone agree?

I feel like im not getting much of a choice with this poll...

i mean what if i want to say i dont want a starting arena for guests???

The poll is useless as the result of clicking either 'I agree' or 'couldnt care less' are both practically choosing the positive answer.

Please add a choice for 'I disagree' in the poll
i take "could care less" as a no, so sorry if what i thoguht was wrong, i dissagree poll added

votes before i disagree polls

we should do this 17

could care less 3
I mean Ignorant as in they wont LISTIN to you!
Before I joined MT I surfed a few servers to see what best suited me and the few that I joined that had the "Guest Room" or the /rules -> /agree were nice but honestly I didn't read them i just did my commands and Boom lets go build... at least on MT you have the signs all over. And if you going to use the "guest room" we should add "myWarp" signs in it to make them actually spend the time reading signs etc etc.. and go from 1 room to the next...

** Just had an idea... Since guest won't read signs lets just make a GAINT SIGN "epic build" that basically has the same things just enormous in size.. then theres (I didn't see them or where/how do i build) **
i am fucking done, when i just got on we had 123 players, a new record? maybe, but the lag was fucking insane, till this is handled, im not gunna be on often
the guests who are asking: how to build/why cant i destroy/how do i become a member/why aren't I approved yet/why is there lag/why isn't there ___)/what is this block/etc. are the ones who usually stay on, causing most of the lag... If you want to know how bad the lag is right now, its "mining a block 10 times before getting it" level.
i know, i personally thing like for one week a month or two, we have the server in a white list stage SO ONLY non-guests can play or for one day a week we do this so some of us can get our stuff done
hunter i used to complain about lag too, but odds are its your computer, i just finished building my super-computer, and it runs smooth, on my craptop it runs terribly laggy. i know building a computer is expensive, (my total cost is 2k) but its worth it, now i can play ANYTHING and not have to worry about lag becasue of me or my internet
Its a weekend, and a holiday for some of us

It'll be high for a bit
well i can run just about anything on mine, but the amount of players, my comp cant handle it, :/ personally, i think we should ( till the amount of guests die down ) we have a private world with the current map, and when we close that server down, we bring it to the main server