Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I was Banned for unknown reason
Started by [E] lachiedude996

Hello people of minetown i have been banned from this server for a reason i do not know if you could please tell me what i did wrong and also could you please tell me if i can or cannot be unbanned Thank you for reading this yours scincerely Lachiedude996
Make an appeal using the format.
Using the format is almost useless if he is unaware of why he was banned or who performed the ban, and as such it would only be done pro forma.

Obviously he was banned today, and he has mentioned his username...

I was banned as well, though Sayomie tells me he has no record of my ban.

In any case, I recommend a better format for ban appeals, and possibly a banned thread detailing why the character was banned from the mod that did the banning. Just a suggestion.
I support the format being reviewed and a banned thread. When I get on the forum 1/2 the "Latest threads" are people say "Why was I banned"

On the other hand, I do not know how many people they ban DAILY (seems lots) so it may be an idea that is nice in principle but unpractical.
You dont realise how many people we ban daily if you think the format is 'useless'. Unfortunately if a mod bans other mods cannot see who banned the person. Its as simple as putting 'I dont know' in the correct section.

I dont see how thats difficult.
I am referring to the fact that 4/10 of the latest threads are "I was banned, got no info on why" and how it would be nice to simply have 1 thread where banned people go to get the info (then they can post an appeal thread with proper information)

Have you guys ever though about demotes instead of bans? Make them play as guest (provides a chance for them to attempt to improve)

Just some ideas (I work as an "ideas" man so it becomes habit to try to reinvent the wheel-- even if it works fine)
Do admins/mods have a thread where they post who they've banned why and when? think it would be useful, though we have records
We have a ban log but only admins can access it.
That's a good idea

A forum where mods/admins write ban reports

So if someone doesn't know why they have been banned then they can look there
harkness wrote:
In any case, I recommend a better format for ban appeals, and possibly a banned thread detailing why the character was banned from the mod that did the banning. Just a suggestion.

I think most people know exactly why they were banned, they're only "playing dumb" as they feel it might bolster their appeal if they pretend to not know that they did anything wrong.

In reality, if you were banned for any reason other than a very rare system error, you know exactly why: Did you dump a lava bucket on someone, or near a structure? Did you go into a chest that was not yours? Did you break ANY blocks that you did not place yourself? Were you harassing any mods or Admins? Using foul language? Spamming? Did you fly?

If you have answered "yes" to any of the above questions, congratulations: You've found your ban-reason.

And I don't see how the format for ban appeals could be any more straight-forward. If you expect a mod or Admin to write an essay in some thread, explaining all the nuances of why you were banned, then you're fishing for the moon in the water.

Just follow the rules, submit the appeal in the proper format, and then be patient. That's the best anyone can do.

--Darth