Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Disrespectful Members
Started by [E] Patch

@10247194 wrote:
And to add to Dragoness’s post, I do not strongly believe in reporting every time I am irritated by a player. Also in my personal opinion making a staff report to staff isn’t always the best thing to do. In staff reports 99% of the time they are being rude and criticizing staff members, and the staff that looks over those reports may be friends with them. I know that the staff that looks over them try their hardest not to be bias but they’re human, under certain circumstances they may or may not become bias.

“The person impacted by the matter had expressed no issues with the punishment length at the time it was delivered.” If I was that person I wouldn’t want to cause any more problems with the unbanned player. And just because they don’t come forward to staff knowledge doesn’t mean they didn’t.

I cannot emphasize more than other staff have already stated about reporting problems. Staff are not psychic, if they come online and nobody has reported that a guest/newbie was spamming chat with obscenities (for example), then they (the staff member) will not know to look up that information.

It does not makes sense to claim that someone comes forward, just not to staff. Avoiding the moderation team, but gossiping under breath... I can only say that expecting a better environment from doing this is "silly".

Regarding staff reports, only 5 people are capable of viewing them, three don't do anything with the staff reports and the other two are myself and sawine. Handling of the staff reports is largely private, not viewed or handled by other staff unless it's necessary to resolve an issue and even then, the "who can see" and "how much" are carefully chosen.
I am sorry but I have to agree with Patch on hesitancy to use 'staff report'. I do not screeen shot every conversation on minetown and log them so when 6 days pass and I find I was lied to or an error was made I can not pull the screen shot of the conversation. Many of the things I know Patch is referencing I was present for, and long time members and adult members tried to shut the incidents down. Initially I had staff come to me with complaints against me for standing up to outright bullying, in return I gave around 2hours covered in screen shots. I had literally screen shoted everything for hours to protect myself. Please as adults or staff members I hope we can spend less time being offended in these situations and stand up for minors being bullied.
@8928915 wrote:
I do not screeen shot every conversation on minetown and log them

Is it weird if I do screenshot every conversation just because i'm bored?

(sorry i'm really bored.. someone help me or entertain me)
To touch on this Jessica, if there is an incident and you think that it could come back to bite you in the bum, or you wish to report someone just write down the date/time. I'll have to check with modern but I believe they can go through the logs for awhile, these logs INCLUDE chat logs. So they can narrow down the time/day it was said and review the ENTIRE conversation. Even without screen shots if you feel staff is abusing their powers report them. These reports are taken very seriously. But just sitting on the sidelines talking to peers about staff abuse isn't going to solve anything.

Staff cannot fix what they do not know is broken. A good example is the foreign languages in general. It was a big issue, something staff talked about at least twice a week. After enough talk there was a statement and now the rule has been cleared up and members and staff alike enforce/follow it.

Also, please do keep in mind things that may offend you may not be something that automatically results in punitive actions. Just because Sally is upset that Sam said something doesn't mean that Sam automatically gets banned. Or just because Timothy things Tamara was being an irresponsible staff member that doesn't mean at the first instance they are removed from staff. Sometimes punishments are done places where the public cannot necessarily see. I know I've personally talked to quite a few members and solved issues without resulting in a ban/punitive action.