Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Anti-Advertising Plug-in?
Started by [E] Zionia

It would be great if one of our code-monkies could come up with a plug-in that would auto-kick anyone who posts an IP address for when mods/admins are not around. This could be fairly simple if you take the auto spam kicker plug in and alter it to kick on anything involving any series of numbers separated by periods. Advertising is a very large nuisance and when there is no one to physically kick them out, they will try to get our potential members to leave.
That may be true, but what would happen then when WE try to advertise minetown.net, on the server, to get guests to join?

Or when we promote minetown.net ingame, to brag about how awsome it is?
That shouldnt be an issue as they are already on the server. The plan is just to block IP addresses, not websites. if they are already on our server, there is no need to give them the server ip again.
Maybe. But you would not believe how... slow... some of these guests are...
trust me,...i know how slow they are...you werent on earlier today...
I used to be an Ex-Mod. I can pretty much guess based on the way your saying it... >_>
minetown.net is not an IP address

mc.minetown.net is not an IP address

mc.minetown.net:2021 is not an IP address

216.234.110.138 is the IP address of the server

This suggestion has some value
Well, considering that people barely use the IP only, and instead use their servers' name, this would not have THAT much of an effect on anti-advertising..
idk...almost every person i see do it always says "here go to my server at 31.53.2.122". most of the advertising is private servers, not large public ones.
OkiFool66 wrote:
minetown.net is not an IP address

mc.minetown.net is not an IP address

mc.minetown.net:2021 is not an IP address

216.234.110.138 is the IP address of the server

This suggestion has some value

True mc.minetown.net is a directory or shortcut as u can say

and the :2025 is the port