Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Banned for "Item Duplication"
Started by [E] Rjs123

I would like to remind people of the following sticky that is posted.

http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/1113633-ban-appeal-posting-guidelines

Posting Guidelines:

When posting in a ban appeal, either your own or someone's else, make sure to follow these simple guidelines, otherwise your post will be deleted.

- Do not post unless ban directly involves you

- Stay polite

- Do not post anything unrelated to the ban appeal. (aka stay on topic)

- Do not make personal attacks (Ad hominem)

- Do not troll. (obviously)

Thank you
nick7269 wrote:
I came to check a grief alert. When I asked him what he was doing it took a short while for him to respond. In that time I found the machine and starting looking around further. After he noticed me then he started replying to me. At that time I had seen enough. I told him I was banning and why. I destroyed the pistons and the wiring(but made a warp to get back to the spot!)

I'm confused about the video. What I banned you for, looks nothing like the video. They are totally different. I banned you for a duping machine, not a bridge! lol

EDIT: I went back and successfully performed a roll back.
Cryston wrote:
I know it's impossible for this to be used to dupe blocks, but there does have to be the understanding that if there is evidence of duping it has to be pursued. If you wanted to experiment on something like this you shouldn't have done it on the server but instead on a private map. I would have liked if it was left intact but i guess nick already removed what was there.

I think he should be let back, but I have to see what it was first. If nick could msg me the warp, I can find out exactly what was up with the mechanisms being used.

I was not attempting to duplicate items, there was 1 piston in place for the time being, while I went to make other pistons, and get some cobble to try it with, Notch has fixed the duplication glitch that was well know in 1.7. With my piston setup, I was seeing if I could make a bridge higher with pistons, I had no malicious intent. Looking back on this, I should have done this on my Bukkit server.

As to Nick, what I was attempting was not even close to what a duplication looks like, it was just to see if I could lift up the bridge.
Cryston and I went back to the area. He decided that I made a mistake.

My apologies. I am unbanning you now.
Thanks for unbanning me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> We all make mistakes.