Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Banned for "Item Duplication"
Started by [E] Rjs123

ppsh, what you don't understand is, even though it was a fail at duping it was still an attempt. Even if it didn't work you are still not allowed to attempt to dupe or exploit something like a bridge to make diamond blocks. I think Nick was right in banning you. We will have to wait and see what he has to say about it.
You actually made a video? Thats a first for a ban appeal
I came to check a grief alert. When I asked him what he was doing it took a short while for him to respond. In that time I found the machine and starting looking around further. After he noticed me then he started replying to me. At that time I had seen enough. I told him I was banning and why. I destroyed the pistons and the wiring(but made a warp to get back to the spot!)

I'm confused about the video. What I banned you for, looks nothing like the video. They are totally different. I banned you for a duping machine, not a bridge! lol

EDIT: I went back and successfully performed a roll back.
It's a duplication investigation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZGq25lFa0

(I like YouTube, too.) <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I know it's impossible for this to be used to dupe blocks, but there does have to be the understanding that if there is evidence of duping it has to be pursued. If you wanted to experiment on something like this you shouldn't have done it on the server but instead on a private map. I would have liked if it was left intact but i guess nick already removed what was there.

I think he should be let back, but I have to see what it was first. If nick could msg me the warp, I can find out exactly what was up with the mechanisms being used.
I Thought There Was No Way To Item Duplicate Notch Fixed It?
There are still ways to dupe items, just more complicated ones. You should have gone to single player to test out these things.

Even if it wasnt possible to dupe with what he built the intention was still there. I dont think he should be allowed back, minetown doesnt need people like that.
I sent Cryston a private message telling him the warp to the room. We will continue to investigate further and see if I made a mistake. Although I do want to know where the gold blocks came from that set off the grief alert and made come to begin with.

Now if I made a mistake, I will be more than happy to unban you and apologize.

EDIT: I went back and successfully performed a rollback.
You still tried to break the rules.

You said you were trying to dupe dismond blocks, which in my opinion was quite foolish to say.

Playing with pistons and redstone sure is fun, but you might find a way to dupe which leads you into trubble even tho it was an accident, so i recomend doing so on singleplayuer.

Still, rules are rules,, but hopefully you will be unbanned.

Good luck.
I don't know what was said in-game, but according to what's posted on this thread, it was not verified or admitted that duping was the actual purpose. I've enough sense to realize people sometimes try to make cover stories for doing questionable stuff, but without actually having seen the setup, none of us uninvolved (non-mods/non-admins) people have any business taking shots at ppsh about what he was "really doing".