Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Request to claim abandoned town
Started by Unknown User

When you are specifically given property I do not see why past ownership is an issue. I helped the previous owners in building it and helped them in moving out. A for instance, if I decided to give away the village you (nova) gave me would I not be able to do so? That property was initially yours but freely given to me. I have many claims that I have been given or bought so I really want to clarify if I am able to give away or sell these? Cid talked about buying the land from but like you had with your village I did not have the time or enough interest to continually building this property. Instead of being paid the only thing I asked was to keep Jadekitten1s house protected.

K this is feeling very argumentative and that is not how I am trying to intend it but I do want to clarify if I can be given and give away land?
If the land is literally given to you (the owner gives you full rights), you are free to do with it what you desire.

However, with this case, you simply claimed over existing property (belonging to another player), which is not generally accepted. So if that is the circumstance, you do not have the right to ownership over that land.
Granted the property that is yours is free to be given away, but granted it was most likely a subdivision previously, when someone comes and takes control of this town once more, you will most likely have to remove your claim and have it subdivided from theirs.
The problem here is that the previous owners have not revoked all of their claims, and there's many chests here that are locked by people other than you, Jess.

For now, we let the process run it's course. The town is protected and locked down to prevent grief, and if the owners return, they can either claim or forsake the town. If they don't, it's automatically forsaken, the mods will remove any of their belongings, and we'll continue on.

Just need to be patient.
Yes, but I willingly gave you the village and I am online enough to say "Yes, I gave her the village". The issue I have with this particular town is he's said the owners were talking about redoing the town, there are signs saying the town will reopen. If these players (who have been gone for awhile mind you) come back they could say "I've been griefed" and by the "unprotected land is not allowed to be griefed" rule we would have to look back, see who actually build the buildings and Cid could take the brunt end of things. You did not claim that they gave you the property, you said you claimed it to protect your daughter's home. Those are two very different things. Without proof that they gave you the land I think its in the best interest to wait six months or until the owners respond.

When you are given land, or when you buy land I always take a screen shot of the owner saying I can have it or the sell transaction. I'm under the impression I'd rather be safe than sorry. In the instance where a player says "well so and so sold me the land, but now they're saying I griefed them" staff would have to look through the logs for proof of the transaction or try to figure out what happened. Having a screen shot of it all makes it 12 times easier.

But land that you have paid for or been given can indeed be given away. Granted proof that it was yours to give away always helps incase someone wants to come back along and say "I was gone for six months and someone took my land!"
K in the future I will screen shot and save all land transaction, I did speak with the multiple owners and was given the property as for them coming back and placing signs I don't know they never talked to me about wanting the land back. I made sure that they each wanted no rights left to it so that is a whole big ball of mess. I have talked it through with Jade and we will be replicating her build out of that area so she can have her cat fully under her own protections. That was always the only reason I wanted the land. To be very clear I did speak to the previous owner and was willing given this land. They were all young and so I can understand if they changed there minds. This was not a land takeover. The situation was very much the same as when nova gave me a village. Once again I was wanting to clarify as I frequently pick up property others no longer want to either use for myself or find someone suited to the land.

Nova

As far as the village I will reference this thread as proof if I find a new suitable owner. I put in a few weeks of work on it with ants but do not think I will be keeping it...I have been watching for someone with a real interest in a large village as a village and not a farm as to respect what it is and what has been put into it.
Sorry about the locked chests, moving three people out in diff direction was a mess, I thought I had gotten them all unlocked. Since this is your land currently I want to see if it is ok with you for Jade and I to replicate her cat house and remove her build from her plot? I know this seems silly to most to have such I concern over a house, but this is my baby girl and her eyes filled with tears when we first talked about moving it and she cried a great deal when the town broke up because she was scared that it would be destroyed. So protective momma has been kicking in for me on this, I have gotten her to understand that things that are that important to her need to be fully under her claim and only hers.
Jess,

To protect myself, you, and Jade, let's leave the original structure and build a duplicate under Jade's protection. I will provide materials as needed for the rebuild.
That is fine, she will pull her stuff from inside the original cat as those r her personal items. (Chests, signs and dogs) since this land is on hold I would like to take my time in doing this the only material I think we might need more of is orange wool as she pretty we'll cleaned me out lol, just if u have extra otherwise I can go hang out in my sheep field awhile.

All for the love of the stampy cat we know as mojo <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I setup a chest in the stampy cat with 5 stacks of wool to start. Let me know if more is required.