Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] I don't know what to say.
Started by [E] Rababi_Sababa

You've lost your chance to ever be trusted again :/
sawine wrote:
zdeathclock wrote:
reggie, is was a sphere of 30 radius of cactus, he really couldnt undo

20iz1p1.jpg

Like theres any other reason to play minecraft
im not asking for it back im apoogizing
sawine wrote:
zdeathclock wrote:
reggie, is was a sphere of 30 radius of cactus, he really couldnt undo

20iz1p1.jpg

FACEPALM... because expressing how dumb that was in words just doesn't work...
srry for the fail XD
Wait.. The TEMP???

Why was this treated seriously and everything else to do with the temp was not?
Well, let's understand why it was kind of a big deal:

If another instance of Java is running, it takes away from the abilities of the other if both are sharing the same resources. So if the 1.8 temp and the main Minetown were using the same RAM and hard drive, if tons of TNT were blown up on one instance, then it would lag the other. Now I don't know exactly how sawine sets up other instances of Java on the box (whether they are allocated different RAM, etc.), but still, they share the same internet connection. So if a huge amount of data is being sent to the server in one instance, this affects the other, unless thread priority is implemented.

So basically what I mean is that when WorldEdit is used to edit massive amounts of land in one sitting, it creates problems which resonate to other instances of Java. So there is no reason to spawn a giant sphere of cactus just because "I felt like it." Now of course I'm not one to preach about watching what you do with WorldEdit; I have done //regen on regions millions of cubic blocks in size, and have forgotten to delete thousands of torches before removing the wall they were connected to. However, that's exactly why I mention this. Most of what I did was accidental, or done to get instant gratification. A sphere of cactus is in no way "accidental." You don't have to type out the command, just like how I didn't have to spawn thousands of torches.

Rabbi, I'm sure you won't make the same mistake twice. And yeah, most of us have lost trust in you. But let's just put this aside and not worry about it. That goes for everyone else; I'm sure he has heard enough hate comments, so if something is to say, don't be too negative. I don't trust you anymore when it comes to WorldEdit, but I forgive you for what you did.

-MastaC
MastaC729 wrote:
it creates problems which resonate to other instances of Java

Nah it won't.

Still not a valid reason to do crazy stuff with WE. Anyway if he does mistakes, it will be only his world that will crash. And I won't take it back up 50x per day...

Cya

Locking this.

Edit: It's just java and minecraft afterall, the network card could handle... thousands of minecraft servers.