Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] -*- Veteran Players Tag -*-
Started by [E] zαк∂αηк

It occurred to me the other week that there is no way of telling who is new and who is a long time player.

What would be pretty cool is a way of recognizing a players server age by a simple tag and colour.

What would it look like?

Examplename

So how would this work?

- Players gain the tag after six months.

- Either auto by a plugin or by admin

- No additional benefits.

- Donators possibly have

Why would we want this?

- Allows new players to know who to ask for help ( less stress on mods ;p ).

- Gives loyal players some recognition

- Shows the popularity of the server

- Shows its a worthwhile stay

this would be good cause there has been an increase of new players and that has caused some trouble.

as well this would help show people who are dedicate players
well yes, i would like this, but as it stands there would only be about 12ish players that would get this tag
We discussed that before and determined that applying tags would be wasted time and could also bring conflicts.

We can't afford the time to login everyday and go "Ok, who's account is X days old on Minetown today and need to have the forum + ingame tag added".

If there is a possibility to automate it, it would be no problem, but I don't think anyone in the staff have time to spend the time to do it manually.

And conflicts because some people could be upset at the long time it takes to get the tag and could whine about the fact that they would not receive the tag even if they been part of the community for couple months. I'm not searching problems where there aren't, I said "some people could", it would obviously not be the majority, but I still take it into consideration.

Although we are planning on adding a new group of staff in the near future that will be responsible for basic game/server help, like replying all the noobs questions on how to join and etc. That group will probably be called "Assistants" and it will aslo act as some kind of "trial mod" group, but it will not completely over take the mod applications. Don't ask questions about the perks or applications, you will be informed about it when it's time.

Cya
original 5 admins tag nao ><object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

Join me in our conquest of tags, Gear!
PLEASE add this, we get no respect from the noobies <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
We should make it 9 months instead of 6
Its just another excuse to have a tag to make people stand out. I see no use for it. I am against tags that arent clearly marked high donator or staff.
why reggie? what's so bad about tags...
well if there could be a plugin developed that automaticallly assigns this one tag then that would be cool, ill look into it even though i dont know much about developing plugins