Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tree Plugin
Started by [E] Jugstrike

Easily felling trees would be nice, but it would drastically alter the Wood economy.

I don't have any experience with such mods, what do the leaves do after you cut the tree down? Leaves? Apples?

Just wondering.
Okay, so the plugin does not create a 1 hit wonder chop for wood buildings... only functions on natural trees not placed blocks. the leaves deteriorate over time just as if you spent 5 mins creating dirt scaffolding to climb into the damn thing to get the last piece, and as they do they function the same way, gradually dropping sapplings or apples when vanish.

And to the point of "wood economy" bro, the market place is quite dead, Id say now would be the best time to implement such a plugin.
I wouldn't say the marketplace is dead.

There's simply a HUGE demand and a small supply. Not just of wood.

There's still lots of gold flowing in the marketplace every day though.
True, well regardless of wood economy... Half the people I see when they are "farming" trunks or what not, aren't interested in climbing to get that last piece or 2, instead we have several hundred floating tree tops lol.
Very true <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
the current economy is shit for logs, this would actually INCREASE the economy for logs <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> makes people want to chop trees more
yea plus it adds to survival becasue in the real world you dont have floating tree trunks if you chop down a tree the whole thing comes down
Yep, that is what I meant. With the plugin, way more people would be willing to harvest wood; thus increasing the supply.

This would be a positive side of such a plugin.

And yes, floating tree tops are annoying, especially when they are around your property.

I only cut down small trees, the ones that can all be cut from ground level.
I guess with the additional support and feedback it sounds like a good idea. I'll have a look into it.

Just have to figure out how to detect if log blocks are natural or not...
the plugin should do that automatically