Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 2 Weeks Trial Period
Started by Unknown User

Problem:

If you look at "Latest Threads" you'll see atleast 1 new ban appeal each hour, mostly made by recent joined members. This is getting quite annoying (but very entertaining if a retarded appeal) for me and i think the staff to. Most of these is getting unbanned while their appeal is quite bad. Not useing the ban appeal format, blameing theire brothers, ailiens, beeing hacked.

Solution:

I think we should enlist a 2 week trial period. After being accepted into the server, and you are banned, its a perm ban. If you were banned for building on a friends house, shareing base/resources you may of course appeal on the forums explaining this. What i was suggesting was for griefers/stealers or assholes. This will prevent the 10+ ban appeals we had last week. This will also keep the new players from doing something stupid and give them a chance to get used to the server and get some friends here, which again will make them not wanna get banned.

If someone appeal after being banned, you only check theire profile how long thay have played here, then they were banned and their explenation.

The main idea is to make the new players afraid of being banned. The ones that does it on purpose.

I would also like to see the /jail actualy being used as a punishment to others than just the pvp whores. Theres in many cases, really no reason to be banned as the crime wasnt major. It looks like the staff have forgotten that /jail is a punishment for many things.

Please vote and give your thoughts about this in the comments below.

If you agree, a thumbs up would be appreciated <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
i agree, WAY to many ban appeals
By the way, to all that are voteing, please comment why you voted no if you did. I wanna hear want you think as well! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>
So your purposing we have players wait 2 weeks before they are Accepted? Then Two more weeks if they made a small mistake. That would cause us to lose alot of players and votes as well. Then there is more in depth problems as in how are you going to deal with the occasional "I wasn't griefing I was building on my friends property" (Obviously After Being confirmed a true story). A completely honest misunderstanding or mistake would have a huge punishment and also deter people from even trying again.

I understand the frustration with people having ban apps in the complete wrong format using 'Aliens did it after probing me' excuse, I also feel bad for the staff having to sort through all of the shitty appeals. Though I think having a forum where only admin can reply to the apps would make it more neat, contact the people who have apart of it themselves and deal with it accordingly. Personally I think that would be something to implement before what you have suggested.
lol make a completely new forums:

MineTown Ban Appeal Forums
Drew, i suggested nothing about them having to wait extra time to be accepted. I only suggested that if they get banned within 2 weeks of them joining, they would stay banned. This will motivate them to not break the rules before after the 2 weeks, and within that time period, they'll have made friends and dont wanna risk being banned.
The only problem with this is I wouldnt know exactly who a new player is compared to one thats been here for over a month :S

x
And i suggest a /jail before the ban so the player will be able to explain himself. If theres no good reason for him doing what he did, he'll stay jailed for a time. As i see it, the /jail was a punishment for minior things so they didnt have to ban people. I dont see anyone using this kind of punishment exept pvpers..
Hm.. The pool will be reseted, need to edit as i see a major flaw.
The main idea was that people that were actualy griefing/stealing/being a dick on purpose would be given that widely given "second chance".