Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] The Valorian Legion
Started by [E] Pompous_Lemur

The Valorian Legion

valoremblem.png

The Legion is Valor's standing army and is heavily organized and disciplined. The legionaries are the defenders and peacekeepers of Valor. The headquarters of the Legion will be located in the Military District in Valor's upcoming capital, Oasis. All citizens of Valor are expected to serve in the Legion during times of war.

If not already serving in the legion, citizens will be called to arms as auxilia. They will be issued lower grade equipment and armor than legionaries, but they are not required to perform training or legionary duties outside of war.

By enlisting for full-time service in the Legion, you are entitled to a special army discount on all government services and are also granted higher chances for promotions. Legionaries are expected to enforce the law in Valorian cities in times of peace, and make sure cities and towns are safe and free from crime. They will also be expected to help in the construction of roads, bridges, tunnels, and other infrastructure.

Standard legionary equipment:

- full set of iron tools

- full set of iron armor

- 3 bread

- 9 wheat

- 1 flint and steel

- 3 buckets (1 empty, 1 water, 1 lava)

- 16 torches

- 64 dirt

Standard auxilia equipment:

- 1 iron sword

- 1 stone pickaxe, 1 stone axe

- full set of leather armor

- 3 bread

- 16 torches

- 64 dirt

Legionaries are to attend training sessions if possible, and practice fighting skills outside of these sessions as well. Furthermore, anything to better your knowledge of wartime tactics, methods, or strategies will not only help you in battle, but will increase your chance at promotion.

Disobedience is totally unacceptable, and if shown, will result in ejection from the legion and will impact your chances at government positions in the empire. Treason will be punished with exile from the empire.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ranking of the Legion:

Legate:

The overall commander of the Legion. He is responsible for creating the overall battle plan, and then ensuring the orders are relayed to the tribunes.

Tribune:

In charge of one legion consisting of two centuries. He takes orders from the three leaders and relays them to the centurions. He is also responsible for laying out the plans for the legion's camp.

Centurion:

Commands one century of five soldiers including himself. Takes orders directly from his legion's tribune. Receives standard issue legionary equipment, but is also granted a diamond sword.

Legionary:

The standard soldier, the legionaries form the backbone of the Legion. They are grouped into centuries consisting of one centurion and four legionaries and/or archers. They are responsible for setting up the legion's camp during marches, and also for providing security at forts.

Furthermore there are sub-categories of legionary which are:

Legionary Engineer: Receives 64 wood, cobblestone, and gravel, 32 redstone, 1 water bucket, and 10 TNT, in addition to standard issue equipment. Responsible for setting up battlefield defenses in the heat of a battle, constructing TNT cannons and traps, and providing battlefield demolitions. Skill with redstone and a knowledge of TNT cannons and traps must be shown to attain this rank.

Legionary Medic: Receives an extra 27 wheat and 6 cooked pork chops in addition to standard issue supplies. Responsible for healing injured soldiers who have exhausted there small rations.

Archer:

Soldiers trained in the use of bow and arrow. They are able to provide accurate long-ranged support to a legion.

Beastmaster:

The beastmaster is a valuable and very powerful supporting soldier. He is responsible for taming wolf packs en masse, and then using a bow to mark targets in the heat of battle for his pack to assault and devour.

Auxilia

Auxilia are the levy soldiers called upon to fight in wars. They are not as well trained as the legionaries, and use lower quality equipment, but are an efficient fighting force nonetheless. Auxilia can never attain a permanent rank in the legion unless enlisting for service and becoming a legionary.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Standard Legion Supply Loadout:

Each legion will be issued a standardized set of supplies to be used for constructing temporary forts, assaulting enemy bases, and repairing damaged friendly bases. They can be dispersed among the legionaries as wanted by the Tribune, and extra supplies may be issued in addition to these standard ones.

- 1152 cobblestone

- 576 planks

- 3 water buckets

- 3 lava buckets

- 64 TNT

- 64 coal

- 256 torches

The Legion:

Legate: Eissaye

1st Legion:

Tribune: Briggers810

- 1st Century:

Centurion: jthm02

Legionaries:

Natedog85137 - Beastmaster

Tanki1 - Archer

Sintdose - Legionary

- 2nd Century:

Centurion:

Legionaries:

To apply for the Legion, please first ensure you are a registered citizen of Valor. If not, please apply on the main faction thread located here: http://www.minetown.net/forum/page/1/m/672632/viewthread/1140645-valorian-empire. If you are a citizen of the empire, just post here with this application form:

Is there a specific rank you would like to apply for? Why? (Please note that you may not attain the rank you asked for):

Are there any specific skills you have that you would like us to know (Ex: Redstone, Stealth, Archery):

Are you willing to obey orders and to risk your life in the name of the Empire?:

i want to be a legate
You can't be both Minister of War and Legate.
ok when i am minister i get to fight in wars right
Yes
Is there a specific rank you would like to apply for? Why? (Please note that you may not attain the rank you asked for):

Legionary/Centurion - I have an interest in military combat, and have a grasp of tactics, having played a large number of Real Time Strategy games such as the Advance Wars series on DS, Rome Total War (Roman era Faction game). And I am pretty good with fighting and tactics on MineCraft.

Are there any specific skills you have that you would like us to know (Ex: Redstone, Stealth, Archery):

Swords, Building, Tactics, Archery.

Are you willing to obey orders and to risk your life in the name of the Empire?:

Sure.
You have been assigned as centurion of the 2nd century.
I think what you should do, is have the Full-Time Legionaries, as having Iron tools & Armour

Then have the Auxiliary force (ie: All citizens of Valor are expected to serve in the Legion during times of war.) meaning normal citizens would be Auxilia Legionaries rather than the full Legionaries... They should have the leather armour.
Well I was thinking of doing that but supplying iron armor to a standing army is expensive and currently beyond my capabilities. It is subject to change though depending on our supply of iron.
Pompous_Lemur wrote:
Well I was thinking of doing that but supplying iron armor to a standing army is expensive and currently beyond my capabilities. It is subject to change though depending on our supply of iron.
True, you could make it that each legionary buys his own Iron Armour though, since Iron armour costs 24 Iron Ingots (120 MT credits).

But I think for now, until we find a mine (do we even have our own Valorian Mine?) sticking with Leather is a good idea...