Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] What laptop should I get?
Started by [E] BoywithBurritos

I am trying to save up for a new laptop so I can play Minecraft. The computer I play it on now is sort of old and can barely take the memory for the game. I also want to be able to install mods without much problems ( Aether, Fly, etc.). Maybe install a few high resolution texture packs too. I'm looking for a PC and not a mac. Also, not a terribly expensive one. Any suggestions? I just want it to have a lot of memory. Thanks.
Give a price range so we can help you better
I would recommend the Toshiba Satellite series. I got mine for like $300 refurbished from Toshiba, and it works perfectly :3

here's the satellite page: http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/laptop-family.jsp?family=Satellite

except they're 450+, and if you customize it it will prolly be over 500 <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
I'm with gamma. The Toshibas have always been my favorite. DO NOT GET A VAIO!!!
I would recommend a desktop more, you get twice the quality for the same price as a laptop. The only reason you should use a laptop is if you are always moving or using it for school. I can recommend a good laptop if you give me a price range. If you are trying to pay $500-$700 for a laptop its just not worth it, but you could pay $600-$800 for a desktop and have an amazing computer. I wouldn't ever pay under $1000 for a laptop simply because they are going to be junk, and not last as long. My brother bought a laptop for $2000, about 4 years ago and it is still like brand new. He even plays games that are coming out right now. So please put a price range <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> would help us find more information for you. I know a lot about hardware and computers so I wont screw you over, and Sawine will be a good help on this topic seeing as he knows about hardware also.
It depends on what you want. If you want a simply everyday laptop, get something with an i3 processor, most computers with these have relatively the same specs and which brand you pick is your own choice (i prefer Samsung and Asus. Acer has been pretty good lately too). They will run HD video (and minecraft) well and stay cool even when running high end things. If you are looking for higher end, we need a price range.
I'm looking for one that's between $300 and $700.
Big waste of money, and if someone tells me I am wrong... I am surely not. You cant hardly play anything on a $300 laptop. You will be able to play minecraft, but good luck getting over 50 fps with a $300 laptop. Even though the technology has gotten way better it is still not even worth it to pay that less. If you don't mind having a desktop , I suggest paying $600 for a gaming computer. When there is a sale going on. Best options, I have built about 6 desktops for people in the past year and I spend about $500-$1500 on them, depending on their budget I made a nice desktop that could actually run about 80 fps on monder warefare 2 with explosions going on. I recommend not getting a laptop, total waste of money unless you are spending as I said before 1k+. They are just slow when you are trying to do a lot at once, or playing a heavy game. If you can somehow spend about $800 on a laptop then that would be your only bet, but a lot of companies put a high price for crap parts. Also don't ever get an alienware...
I'm trying to choose between 3 laptops.

Asus 2410MU56E-BBL5

I5 Core Processor

$599

Battery Life: 9hrs and 15min

Samsung 2310MNP-RC512-W01

i3 Core Processor

6GB Memory

640GB Hard Drive

$699

AMD Quad HP DV6-6135DX

6GB Memory

640GB Hard Drive

A8 Accelerated Processor Laptop

Battery Life: 5hrs and 15min.

$699

I'm looking more at the Hp because it's got one of the best graphic cards to date. It's got beatsaudio, and blu-ray. The guy helping us said he saw someone play Crysis 2 with fully enhanced graphics and everything with no lag, glitches, etc.
But how much GB for both hard drive and memory do you guys have?