Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] What laptop should I get?
Started by [E] BoywithBurritos

I hate HP, lots of cooling problems, particularly will the DV4/DV6 models. Make sure that it doesnt have heating issues. If it doesn't it should be ok. Another thing to look at is the screen resolution. The HP is only 1366x768. Its common for gaming laptops to have a lower resolution to increase framerate, but if you want 1080P (1920x1080) dont get the HP.
Honestly, as long as you have 4GB of ram or higher you should be fine. You can always upgrade the ram later. Harddrive, same deal. Aim for 500GB or more and if you need more in the future, buy an external or just upgrade it yourself.
What kind of model would have 1080p?
I got an amazing comp with great specs that Ill list off below:

So heres the computer I got:

*BASE_PRICE:

BLUETOOTH: None

CAS: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Gaming Case W/ Side Panel Window

CASUPGRADE: None

CD: Asus BC-12B1ST 12X Blu-Ray Combo DVDRW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

CD2: None

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-980 3.33 GHz Six Cores 12M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

CS_FAN: Default case fans

FA_HDD: None

FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_GLASS: None

FREEBIE_VC: None

GLASSES: None

HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

HDD2: None

IEEE_CARD: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: Razer Lycosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard

MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heatsink Spreader)

MONITOR: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input

MONITOR2: None

MONITOR3: None

MOTHERBOARD: * (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58A-GD45 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Triple-Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, IEEE1394a, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

MOUSE: Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI High Precision 3.5G Infrared Gaming Mouse

MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

NCSW: None

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND: Asus Xonar DS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Audio Card

SPEAKERS: Logitech S120 2.0 Stereo Speaker Set (Black Color)

TEMP: None

TVRC: None

USB: None

USBFLASH: None

USBHD: None

USBX: None

VC_PHYSX: None

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

VIDEO2: None

VIDEO3: None

WNC: Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter

_PRICE: (+2244)

Grand Total: 2,244 $USD.

As you can see this computer is a monster, and it was fairly cheap too (+2000 Gigabytes of space for this price is amazing)

I really suggest you get a tower, and the company I bought this from hand makes the actual computer so you save money + get an amazing gaming computer/personal use computer.

Bottom line is laptops arnt great for gaming, I still dont get great FPS on my mac. If you have enough money for this tower, + specs id get this one. It's amazing.
Im sure most laptops today have 1080p

and I hate HP, my friend has it and it just sucks

oh and memory and ram wise, you should get more than 3 GB (RAM), Ihave that and I'm thinking of upgrading.

and I have 282 GB of memory, Ive had it over a year and it's barely over half full <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Plenty stick to lower resolutions. They do it to increase framerate, performance, battery life and to decrease heat.
^Depends on what your computer can handle, my friend made his own computer for 1300 and it ran crysis 2 on full graphics with no issues.
Ok, I might think of the getting the samsung or asus
You should get a Gadget Marker 3000.

It haz an inbuilod Mk. 2 Ion Generator so theres no need for a power source.

It also carries a Mk. 6 deflector shield that prevents any viruses or hackers getting in.

The laptop is made out of Terunium which makes it resistant to fire.
lol i am building my own computer right now so far all i have is a case and motherboard but i am getting more pices over time next paycheck is the i7 quad core sandy bridge cpu