Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] The Valorian Empire
Started by [E] Pompous_Lemur

The Valorian Empire is one of the oldest factions in Minetown, founded December 13th, 2010, and we have a rich history. Valor is ruled by three triumviri assisted by a senate. We are a faction based off of ancient Rome and the Byzantine Empire, and we incorporate many elements of their cultures into the faction's government, architecture, and layout. To learn more about the history of Valor, visit the official wiki page at http://mc.minetown.net/wiki/index.php/Valor

Government:

Republic

Economy:

Free market with independent, player-owned guilds and slight government control over mining, weapon industries, and food.

Faction Color:

Dark Red

Government Hierarchy

Triumviri: Pompous_Lemur, jthm02, Eissaye

Imperial Senate:

- Dux: Sequel_Sentry

- Praetor: Unassigned

- Quaestor: elithemage

Members:

Crimson = Triumvir

Purple = Senator

Blue = Faction Veteran

- Pompous_Lemur

- jthm02

- Eissaye

- Truerurouni

- Natedog85137

- Briggers810

- kutha

- Sequel_Sentry

- fistoprince

- Updated memberlist coming soon

Faction Provinces and Territories:

- Valor (Capital: Norhaven)

- Southlands (Capital: Azimuth)

- Tundraeus (Capital: Fort Karistad)

- Pandarian Isles (Capital: Theramore)

- Fortitude (Capital: Fortitude)

- City State of Brighton (Capital: Brighton)

- City State of North Regnium (Capital: North Regnium)

- City State of Espero (Capital: Espero)

Faction Cities

- Oasis (In construction)

- Norhaven (Mayor: jthm02)

- Azimuth (Mayor: Eissaye)

- Eastshire (Mayor: Pompous_Lemur)

- Ariathas (Mayor: Pompous_Lemur)

- Brighton (Mayor: Unassigned)

- Trondheim (Mayor: Unassigned)

- Theramore (Mayor: Unassigned)

- North Regnium (Mayor: Mofro129)

- Fortitude (Mayor: Sequel_Sentry)

- Espero (Mayor: kutha)

Alliances:

- Espero

- Honor

Rivals:

- None

Enemies:

- None

PvP Status:

We are currently not engaging in any faction-based PvP activities while we rebuild our faction; you can do individual PvP as long as you don't associate your actions with Valor.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Government Hierarchy

The Triumvirate consists of the three triumviri, who share the rule of Valor and make all decisions concerning the empire. They are limited by the power of senate and must respect their wishes or risk being removed from power.

The Senatus Lautus consists of the senators who make up the Imperial Senate. It is their job to attend senate councils and offer suggestions, debate, and advise the Triumvirate. They can put forth new laws to vote on, can overrule a declaration of war or other diplomatic decisions if there is a majority vote, etc.

The Consilium consists of proconsuls and aediles. It is their job to govern the provinces and settlements of the Empire.

______________________________________________________________________________________

We are currently looking for people interested in forming the upper class of the faction such as senate and government positions. If you believe you have skills that you can contribute to the faction please apply.

If you own a town or city, especially one close to Valorian territories, openings are available as Governors or Mayors. If you are interested in becoming a part of Valor, please post here or PM me using the website.

Please do not build any structures near our land. Any unauthorized construction on Valorian territory will be given a period of 7 days for the owner to remove, salvage, or contact me about the building, after which the structure will be taken over by the Empire and either demolished or used as we wish.

If you would like to join, please apply at our website, http://virtus.enjin.com/
Valor is desperately in need of new members, so if you are looking for a good faction to join consider joining Valor today! With your help we can rebuild Valor and regain its former glory.

All new citizens will be granted a free lot within the empire, a free set of iron tools, and priority for government positions. As stated above, please post here using the application form found in the original post.
im in but only if i can be minister of war. i have a long history of aggresive pvp and also this looks like a good faction
Accepted, welcome to Valor!
cool tread

you should try to get an alliance with honor. its a big city
Thanks, and Valor is already allies with Honor.
I would like to become the minister of Economy.

I'm mostly an architect and miner.

I'm playing much minecraft right now.
You have been accepted as Minister of Economy, serve the empire well!

FACTION UPDATE:

We are currently working on planning out and constructing the roads and walls around our upcoming capital city, Oasis. Help from all faction members is expected, and materials we will need are smoothstone and stone slabs.

Valor is still recruiting anyone who wants to join a large, organized faction and is willing to help out with faction projects. All new recruits will receive a free town lot to build in and a free set of iron tools. Currently, all new members will have priority over government positions.

Also, if you own a town or city, especially one close to existing Valorian provinces, openings are available as Governors or Mayors. To work out an arrangement, either post here, PM on the site, or message me in-game.
In-game name:

aerowx

How many hours you usually play per day:

depends on season (i.e. school) but usually alot

Your skills in Minecraft/Playing style (eg. farmer, miner, architect, etc):

excellent miner, fairly good builder

Is there a specific government position you would like to be considered for? Why?:

any head underground / excavating / whatever name you dignitaries use for mining

mainy because since i am almost always underground while playing i would like to be considered for a position of something that i am experienced in

What you can contribute to our faction:

50% of all ores/gems/materials found while mining, and another person able to help expand the empire
Accepted, welcome to Valor!

You have been assigned as CEO of Mining Operations, and will run all the major faction mines and underground facilties.