Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 1.8 new monster revealed !
Started by [E] sawine

jallaf wrote:
FUCK!

Whats that thing hangin on my window.......................

Oh... that's a nice everything.....SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
They remind me of a black salad fingers... but black

that would be so creepy if they said the "I like rusty spoons" line when you got near it
I liek Rusty SPooooons
GearElite227 wrote:

FUCK! God damn it man.. thanks for making me shit myself through out the night
Yeah, turns out the new mobs are actually connected to the Slender man.

They're called Enderman <-- click that
Seriously Gear, I watched that last night right before going to bed. I was looking around my room and the shadows were looking eerily like slender men.... THANKS FOR THAT =P
lol ifi turn around and see one of these things i'm going to shit my pants
NEW INFO! (from Notch's blog)

I put some stuff into the spoiler, but the full is here

Last weekend, I started working on a new mob because I was frustrated with the slow progress on some town code I was writing, and for some reason I decided to make yet another creepy one. It’s dark, it has long and narrow limbs, moves very slowly, and will pick up blocks and move them around... when I playtested it, it mostly felt like a regular zombie. There’s was a distinct mismatch between looking creepy and not actually playing creepy. When I made it move faster towards the player when attacking, and deal more damage, it got more difficult and I started respecting it, but it never felt creepy or scary.

So I thought some about what “creepy” actually is

So I made it passive until you looked straight at it.

Still, that was more scary than creepy. It’s like a jump scare in a movie...I wanted something a bit more psychological. So to really drive home the point of looking at them being bad, I made the Endermen freeze and turn towards you when you look at them. As long as you look straight at them, they stand perfectly still and look straight at you. As soon as you look away, they will run (very fast) towards you.

And they teleport.

When they attack, you know it’s your fault. When you happen to look at one, you can keep looking at it to figure out how to deal with it, but you know it WILL reach you very fast once you stop looking at it.

And that, my friends, is creepy. Possibly too creepy.

Ok now i'm 170% more scared.
wtf notch. "minecraft now leading cause of nightmares" <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>