Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Planes Mod!
Started by [E] sljl21

Hey everybody,

I got a new idea! When I was watching Yogscast on Youtube, there was this planes mod where you put bits and pieces together in a plane crafting table to form different types of planes like biplanes! There are bomb slots plus you can make machine guns on your plane, however maybe it can be quite complicated as we need fuel ( coal ) for it to move and fire bullets, and it will be really complicated to make all the plane parts, but at least you will be satisfied in the end at what you have created! Just need to ban bullets and bombs in the normal world!

From your friend,

sljl21
sljl21 wrote:
Hey everybody,

I got a new idea! When I was watching Yogscast on Youtube, there was this planes mod where you put bits and pieces together in a plane crafting table to form different types of planes like biplanes! There are bomb slots plus you can make machine guns on your plane, however maybe it can be quite complicated as we need fuel ( coal ) for it to move and fire bullets, and it will be really complicated to make all the plane parts, but at least you will be satisfied in the end at what you have created! Just need to ban bullets and bombs in the normal world!

From your friend,

sljl21

NO..u cant add "MODS" to SMP

MODS R SPP

PLUGINS R SMP

-_-"
You may be wrong there. There ARE mods for SMP, you just need special server software for them to run.
In order to run a mod, such as planes, we would either 1: Need to create a client for the server (Quite difficult) or 2: Everyone on the server would need to install the mod and Sawine would have to do like 500k lines of coding. So either way we would just make it harder on Sawine, but if someone with even the highest of Java experience tried to make a client, it would take up to 2 weeks of coding like 6-8 hours a day. I assume Sawine has great knowledge of this Java but that still doesn't make it any easier.

To make things short - Minetown will most likely never develop a client for the amusement of a few people.
>.<

The plane mod actually has it's own server software. But, Sawine already said he wouldn't use mods on the server, only select plugins.

Don't believe me? Go check out Flan's mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/182918-173smp-flans-mods-planes-ww2-guns-vehicles-moods-mputils-teams166/ , it says SMP in the heading and has this if you scroll down a bit: XGlUf.jpg

Yes, I know what mod he's talking about because I saw it too, It's in one of the newest Shadow Of Israphel episodes

btw, who voted that down?
Um , In the near future we will be releasing a custom client with mods in it.
We might plan on having an optional client, with few additional features.

We don't want to mod our server too much to have to make a custom client. It would greatly reduce our player database.
Remember: You're not allowed to distribute a modded jar file for legal reasons. I don't want Minetown actually getting sued...
fistoprince wrote:
Remember: You're not allowed to distribute a modded jar file for legal reasons. I don't want Minetown actually getting sued...

This is just general propaganda...

Mojang won't sue anyone who mod a client UNLESS they sell it for profit...OR make the actual Minecraft game become free ("hacked")

Other then that, they're like everyone, they don't got time to waste.

(Yogcast is quite big and they didnt got sued for Yogbox yet....)

Edit: It's not in Mojang interests to be a nuisance to minecraft servers. They help make the game so much more popular.
And yeah btw there is a "Bukkit-Port" .. ItemCraft