Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Updated Prison Free World Information [Jan 25 2014]
Started by [E] Darkpsy

@795855 wrote:
@1141399 wrote:
Will free be avalible soon? Sorry just got back after, forever XD

Lol, don't expect it for a long time. It's had like 3 release dates now, none of them have been followed up.

Way to be optimistic.
Gotmilk, that type of attitude is not appreciated here. People are working very hard, it is not easy I imagine. Please show respect tot hose working hard
Don't let your impatient consume you. I have been waiting too, but it's obvious it will be up soon. Just please be patient.
@739033 wrote:
Gotmilk, that type of attitude is not appreciated here. People are working very hard, it is not easy I imagine. Please show respect tot hose working hard

I know I helped before I was deopped for helping <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
@795855 wrote:
@739033 wrote:

I know I helped before I was deopped for helping <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Personally.. I have to agree with gotmilk with this one. The free world being released in beta mode? It was supposed to be fully released months ago. Months. Myself, and someone else have been working for a week, and we have almost two complete custom minigames, servers linked with bungee, a website, and so much more. I just personally find it extremely hard that its not released yet.

I remember Hayden being a manager of the prison free world, and not even being able to see it. The last time i heard of the free world being close to done, it was a world downloaded from FyreUK's 100k subscriber video..
Free world's original release date was to be one month after the official release of the Prison server in June. I too have wondered why, I wonder why everything takes so long. I know people have lives, but, its really not that difficult, such as PokeMc being made quite quickly to give Eximius a server aroubd 1.7, and it was over 100 people on it, but the same people really cant finish a feature of a server in say, what, 6-8 months?

1.7 has been available for months as a stable server... whats going, why arent the dots connecting?
Alright, whether it comes out or not, which I know it will, no matter how long it takes, I already got the rank freedom. I'm content now.
Alright, so apparently I have to do some rumor control, even though I have had this conversation before with some of you.

1.7 has been available as a beta server (which we and the bukkit team consider stable) since December 18, 2013. The latest beta build was released on February 12, 2014. Since there have been 3 beta releases we consider it stable enough.

The hacked together builds of "1.7" were not 1.7. Although it did allow 1.7.2 clients to connect, none of the 1.7 features were present. It was extremely unstable with bugs everywhere. This version was released somewhere around Halloween. For comparison, the first Development build of bukkit 1.7.2 was released on December 1, 2013. That was the first time ANY of the 1.7 features were made available for servers.

The community voted to wait for a stable 1.7 server for Freedom. That's what we did. We have not been working on this server for 6 to 8 months, more like the past 1 month to a month and a half. We delayed starting construction just in case anything happened which could potentially cause our work to completely disappear.

We have to release the server as a Beta initially because of all the features the server is going to have. Things will be tweaked based on player feedback. At this point, there are a few things to go before we can release the server in beta: spawn and player housing areas will need imported into a freshly generated 1.7.2 world, plugins need configured, current free players added to whitelist, and permissions need done (will take the longest).

We're not going to release this (even in beta) until its completely ready.
I guess people forgot about this poll

http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/8679281-prison-free-world-community-decision

The majority asked for a later release. If you're not happy after contributing to that vote option, that's your own problem, not the fault of the server managers that listened to what the community asked for.
@4773143 wrote:
@795855 wrote:
@1141399 wrote:
Will free be avalible soon? Sorry just got back after, forever XD

Lol, don't expect it for a long time. It's had like 3 release dates now, none of them have been followed up.

That is completely disrespectful to the players that are working on it. Do you even know how much time and effort they put into this project? Do you know the exact reasons why it wasn't released before? You could have just simply said "I'm wondering the same thing" or "I'd ask one of the Prison managers."