Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Banned for FAILED Piston Duplication Bug
Started by [E] mjbmitch

Actually, no , it depends on how you build it, it coul've been 30 blocks away. We'll have to wait for reggie on that one.

Also, if he was using the method where you place the block afterwards, it would've just disappeared and he'd just be confused while the server dupicates it without him knowing. (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybXpQoChQoY&feature=related)
Idk, either way he shouldn't have done it so all of this is irrelevant <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f632.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":o">:o</object>
I do not value in-game items like everyone else does. You can easily see that by my bare inventories and my mostly-empty chests. I would've disposed of the duplicated items.

Once the pistons started to work (I knew by the sound) I did not see them move, nor did I see any of the items that would've been duplicated. I'm not sure if it was my connection or not, but I know we can all agree that pistons and this server do not go well together. If you use a piston, it either has a delay or it disappears and starts to make rapid sounds.

All I am asking is for a clean slate. I have not caused any problems previously, nor do I want to cause problems now. I did not expect anything to occur considering that several other people have suspiciously large amounts of diamond and gold and are still here in Minetown.
Something about the Item duping ruining our economy smells a little fishing.

Especially considering that the majority of dupers, who have openly admitted to doing so for personal use are/were "important" members of MineTown.

Personally, I think it was stupid to try it in SMP. Use INVedit or something in SSP. However, with no prior record, and no actual items produced, I think a severe warning should be issued and the matter dropped. It's not my decision though.
The repeaters were right beside the pistons. Chester was there also. He saw the diamond blocks created and the redstone circuitry.

This makes no sense that you would try to exploit the game and minetown economy for... fun? Yeah I always try and use hacks, glitches and break the rules just to see. But trust me i'm just trying it out! Not trying to give myself a bonus advantage.

You get banned then try to claim that people don't get banned for being "mean". I mean I cant hold everyones hand when they get called a "faggot" or whatever terms the kids use now adays. You can ignore people with HeroChat.

Sawine said people would be banned and the chances of unban are nearly 0. You can't plead ignorance because you didnt read the post. Thats why we encourage visiting the website.
Very well said mr.Reggie.
Eh.. guys.. how do you actuly do this bug?

Just checking to see if you know..
Reggief, why don't you try this bug out for yourself on Minetown just to see how it works out for you? You'll see what I'm saying when I said items weren't appearing. And like I said, I do not value items. I would've gotten rid of the blocks.
Mjbmitch, could you send me a PM on how to do the bug?

I wanna test it.. In SSP ofcourse ^^
And about the language, people weren't using terms like "faggot" or "gay", they were using really hateful words such as "slut", "cunt", and even "nigger". Many of them made strong sexual remarks to members with "hey u wanna play with my dick lol" and "ill fuck u n ur moms brainz out lol". I was disgusted when the administration team did nothing to the violators.