Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Banned for FAILED Piston Duplication Bug
Started by [E] mjbmitch

I was banned just a moment ago by Reggief for the item duplication from pistons. Ever since 1.7 came out, people have been talking about getting items that way. I tried it, and visually, I could not see the result. But when Reggief teleported to me, he obviously knew what the contraption was, and banned me without asking me for an explanation.

I would like to appeal my ban. The past few days, I've been messing around with pistons, and wanted to see what I could do with them. When I made the contraption, its sole purpose was to experiment to see if it would work. I was not going to use any of the items that were made with this method. Since I was not able to visually see the items, I was not able to find the end result, nor was I able to obtain the duplicated items. Therefore, there was no gain in what I did with the piston contraption.

I believe this ban was unjust due to the fact that Reggief had banned me without me first explaining to him the contraption's purpose. At first I thought he was joking, due to the fact that several other members of the administration team joked about me being banned, saying "mjb, ur banned" and "lol jk". I understand why Reggief would ban me for the incident, but what I do not understand is that why he banned me so swiftly, yet he allows other members to call each other racial slurs and make sexual comments to one another.

I would really appreciate it if someone from the administration team were to look over this appeal with an unbiased approach. I never caused any problems in the past, and I do not believe that I should be banned for my mistake.
dude you still tried to do it !
Experimenting should be done in single player, particularly when this "experiment" is known as cheating on Minetown. Ill wait for Reggief to respond before i say anything else.
The reason I experimented on SMP rather than SSP was because on Minetown I had the sticky pistons, but on my single player worlds I did not. But it's not like it duplicated items, which is why I'm a bit confused as to why he would ban me.
I dont need to wait for an explanation. This is the place for your explanation.

No one was "laughing" at the issue. Chester and I were the only staff present and I was the only one to say mjb you are banned. Which is what I always say.

If people are so verbally abusive why don't you report it? The report section have nothing about that. Also dont try and pull me under the bus lol.

Here is a quote from sawines News post:
Sawine wrote:
Hey,

As some of you are aware, there is a bug in this minecraft version that makes it possible to dupe.

If you're not aware of it, I suggest just to forget about it.

If you are caught duping blocks, you will be banned. And since I'm making this warning, there will be 0 tolerance and chances of unban will be slight, relatively close to none.

Duping blocks screws up the gameplay and screws up our server economy.

I have set up special chat warnings to the staff when using the "dupe technique"... and they're logged.

Cya
I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but when I said that members of the administration team were laughing at me, I was referring to my previous experience with them, which was yesterday.

About the language, I open a petition for it in-game. I don't believe I should bring it up to the forums unless it is a severe issue, because once I bring it up here, someone will ask "did you tell a mod/admin about it when it happened?". Unfortunately, many members of the administration think that it's okay to let some people void the rules, because even after the petition was closed, the players who were using the foul language were continuing to do so. When I asked the administrator who closed my petition, he told me "I'll keep an eye on him". I'm sorry to bring this into this, but I thought you may want to know how your administration is doing.

I was not aware of the message sawine sent. I understand how that is not a valid excuse to duplicate items, but the fact that the duplication did not occur yet I am banned is what I believe is unjust.
Well aware or not, you were aware not to use glitches to your advantage. the point is you EXPECTED it to work, and if it did, you and I both know you woulnt dispose of the items.
How was it just a test? You had a row of at least 10 diamond blocks...
I'm not defending him, but 10 diamond blocks only takes about 5 seconds to appear, so by the time he would've walked back from the redstone repeater to the pistons to stop it, there would have already been that many duplications.
the repeater is like a block away from the pistons...