Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] CTF Arenas
Started by [E] sawine

Hey,

We are currently looking into getting betters and more arenas for the CTF plugin.

The plugins allows us to create arenas (specified cuboid zone) as a war zone. The zones can be customized in many different ways. Blocks can be set to be broke or to be unbreakable, if they are breakable, the zone will reset when the match ends. So this means TNT can be enabled on some arenas. There is a lot of possibilities for maps and I would like to give the community the opportunity to build an arena.

The way this is going to work is a new concept we are going to tryout. This is basically going to be a "public" building project. You will have to apply to join a team of builder that will work on the project. A project leader will be also put in place, he will be the one in charge of the overall project, assigning tasks, making sure everyone works in a effective and organized way.

To start this project, we are going to make a brainstorming on battlegrounds and arenas. There are so many games out there that I'm sure you probably played (GW,WoW,Lineage2,Ragnarok..etc) that has nice arenas. To contribute on the project, post screenshots or blueprints of those arenas. Then we will list the best ones and create a custom mash-up of few arenas together to create the ultimate arena.

I will put another thread up soon for applications to become the project leader. The project leader will be in charge of recruiting the builder team. You have to be quite active and good at building to apply to be the project leader. Apply here to become the project leader, please do not post in this thread about becoming a builder. The builder applications will come later.

If you are more a solo person, we also have an option for you. But it's not guaranteed that your arena will make it into the server. Download WorldEdit mod client side and build your arena. Once its build take screenshots of it and submit them. With the WE mod you will be able to export the zone as file that is importable by our server.

I think thats pretty much it, if you have any questions, just ask in this thread.

Post your arenas and battlegrounds screenshots suggestions !

Cya
preview:

5eeBrl.jpg

will be more of a forest with a little village (and underground caves), an early WIP screen
Post here to apply for project leader: http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/928652-apply-for-ctf-project-leader
I have a GREAT idea for a map id love to get started on!
I've had a good idea for a long time now.
If you've ever played Guildwars pvp (ncsoft) You have probably been inside the Hall of Heroes which is a golden Valhalla themed arena of the gods,

I think that would be a great idea to model a massive stadium after the Hall of heroes. If you don't know what it is just google it, it's got 3 staging areas and an altar in the center for all kinds of different matches.

It would also be ridiculously expensive because the arena is heavily golden in the original design.
I forgot to mention that your arena can contain multiple monuments. (Place them mostly where the teams are facing off/ reaching each others)
The monument isn't working.

I was testing some things out with carpet and neither one of us could place a block in the monument.

Carpet was healed by it though.
Iv made a CoD map on SP ill share it once i get home from school
sawine wrote:
I forgot to mention that your arena can contain multiple monuments. (Place them mostly where the teams are facing off/ reaching each others)

Ive added 2 monuments <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> (along with a castle, blue spawn)
Goldengm wrote:
The monument isn't working.

I was testing some things out with carpet and neither one of us could place a block in the monument.

Carpet was healed by it though.

that would be because it is protected. Sawine can edit blocks everywhere, so that's why I'm guessing the monument let him put the block in. When you put the block in, it says " has captured the monument" before saying you don't have permission. I was testing it out last night when nobody would play with me <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>