Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Event Team Applications
Started by [E] MasterJack

Minecraft IGN: jimbo493

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): Weekends-Daytime to Evening, EST Weekdays, Evenings, and 5-6:30ish(Depends on the day, but I know my schedule well in advance, so there would be few "surprise" cancellations of events. I can also usually run events at most times during the summer.

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: Weekend-3-4 Weekday-1-3, goes up, usually doubles during summer.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?:I would list them all, but Im not going to, but I try not to have enemies here, so everyone is my friend.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: All kinds, I love them all, my favorite is Build Events, that take a time, they are just spectacular. Also quick 30 minute events are fun too to make and work on. But really any event, as long as its entertaining, and isn't too complex that ho is participating has fun.

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?:

Survival Skyscrapers!: a build event, 1 week to build an awesome skyscraper, unlimited store, but you are in survival-no flying-Invincible would be on to prevent death.

Sport Centre: an area where many "sports" are set up, and can be played whenever you want, and official challenges are held every once in a while to crown a champion of Minecraft Sports,

Hardcore Build: In this event you must build the best house, or whatever theme, but must gather resources first, and you have mobs always trying to kill you. Forest biome of materials is shared by everyone, so you can "fight" over items.

HungerGames Build: here you must build a home, or whatever theme is chosen, from a bank of chests in the middle, PvP is enabled, and there is a time limit, If you are killed you cannot re-enter Once time is up, or there is only one person left, the builds are judged.

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went:

I have run several events, my biggest one was the MT Studio Build contest, who's winner will be announced soon, I promise, been several delays in creating the news clips for it! I have also helped Insert on a couple things.

Do you have any experience hosting events?: Yes, as described above, also I have run EggRoulette on prison, and am running a super secret odd event on prison right now!

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): I am very experienced with these plugins, i think they are the best set of plugins, i love automating events using serversigns to allow others to run them for me.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: The hardest part is making it fun, and getting people to come, and i think that the secret to dong that is to really make the event awesome, and special, even if thats decorating the arena so it looks cool, also staying on time, and being ready to go right at the announced time!

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I wouldn't say I am better than anybody else, but i stand out merely because of my experience both with the tools Ent uses and with the minetown community(#1,1/2 Year Vet!), but also the attitude i have for the Event team, and wanting to do it, and being happy about what i am doing, I think that makes the best results.

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: I consider event staff over normal staffing for several reasons, first, my age, sec on because i think that I fit best here, and will bring a lot of great things to the team, to create the best possible events for the MT community.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: Too many people try to think outside the box today, when the answer is right inside the box...

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: Yessir, jimbo4931 I spend a lot of attention to it, as you would know in thee Prison Staff Skype

Tell us about yourself!: I am in the BSA, FRC robotics team 3357 and the OA, take French, and love orange. I have braces, and dislike them <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>. I do pretty well in school, and love helping others(especially volunteering), I just love it. Some people treat it like a chore, and I treat it as a really awesome activity!

Jimmy(jimbo)
Minecraft IGN: funtoon2

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): 9:30 PM

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: 19 days.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: Yes, i do

What kind of events would you specialize in?: Adam

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: I want to be Event team so long, if i be event team i be so so happy.

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: i played minetown and i see my best friend. and he was so so good we was best Friends.

Do you have any experience hosting events?: No

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.):All plugins are good. and so helpful.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: i like to be Event Team, and if i be event team i be happy and i show my friand to be Event team.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I don't know.

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: What i don't do that.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: Make a hole look outside whats the outside the box....

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: Yes, i play with my best friend and we talk and play.

Tell us about yourself!: I love Minetown i play with my Best friend we so happy.
Sorry for posting again, but a lot has changed about my life.

Minecraft IGN: Creeper_turtle

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): I would be able to run events anytime after 4 pm EST

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: Most weeks about 45-50, but sometimes people have got to live, see family, and other relative stuff. On the busy weeks like that id say about 10-20 hours. I have been with Minetown for over a year now

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: Yes, Mischy, who has helped me with my personal life problems that I've had. Leron, hes just always there (sometimes). Then there is zakarls who doesn't really come on as much anymore, but he is a really close friend of mine. Those are the main really close friends I have. I try to get along with everyone on minetown anyway.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: I would mainly specialize in building and also parkour events, but I would gladly do any event that you ask of me.

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: Well, parkour events as I said, and building. I would also like to use some of my very own events that I made, I think most people would really enjoy them.

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: I have now participated in many many events. Mischy has allowed me to help host one of them before, I really enjoyed the king of the ladder event that was held a few weeks ago. All of the events that I have been apart of have went pretty well, other then one on Gardiner_1's server that he had, it didn't go so well. He didn't have the area protected and people just started to grief.

Do you have any experience hosting events?: I have hosted many events on other servers, and this one as well. Most of which on this server have been unofficial.

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): I have quite a bit of experience with it in the past, I haven't really been using it recently, but I am sure I will remember everything I knew about it. On my own server (that is now just a private thing for me and my friends) I used those plugins in the spawn, for the shops, and so people wouldn't grief. I used world edit to help make the spawn.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: Honestly, I think the time spent in making the events look good, I mean, I wouldn't want a trashy parkour course. The course itself isn't that complicated, but the decoration can be a big pain. Making sure people don't try and cheat or explaining to the people what the event is (no offense to anyone).

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: Well, personally, I am probably no better or worse then any of the other applicants. I just think that the application shows a lot, how much time and effort goes into it. I see some people post an application that is very short and even a bit derpy. I also am on the server nearly every day for hours.

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: Well, first off, this is what I would rather do, host events then moderate the server. well, that's pretty much it, I would rather host fun events then moderate.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: 50 shades of LochieChoccie

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: Yes I can, just pm me for the name (too many stalkers these days)

Tell us about yourself!: Well, I am vegetarian, I have 7 seven pet turtles. In 8th grade I am going to be taking online classes, so in-between assignments I could work on events, that also mean that I will be able to get in more playing time because no bus rides home. One of my friends nick name that they hate is Pewty Tutie, she will never see this so I ok with posting it :3 I really like the Minetown servers because they have such dedicated members and staff, I love to just conversate with people about random things. Okay, well that's me - Turtle
Minecraft IGN:JC199710

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): EST. During the evenings, Time will differ do to school

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: 40-50

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?:Yep I have a few.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: Pvp,Build. parkour as well

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: Tnt run=Run around try to stay alive on a platform as long as you can with out falling into a pit of lava.Tnt spleef Same concept as tnt run but you have a fire bow and you can shoot tnt to make them drop from below the players on the map. I got several more planned such as king of the ladder, Water wars etc...

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: Yes I ran some build and spleef events before I was event staff. Then continued to do more

Do you have any experience hosting events?:Yes I was apart of the event team in the past

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): Yes I was apart of the event team still a bit rusty on it but I can learn. Aren't going to lie need training still haha

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: Making the event organized and making sure everything goes as planned. Also to make the event as fun as possible and suits everyone's playing style and personality

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I got past experience I'm always eager to make events with some detail. That take a bit of time rather then old basic events that everyone played.(not that there's things wrong with them)

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: I like creating events and to make mine town a bit more entraining and a funnier place to be. Rather then getting mad at people at times.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: Let's put a random twist that has nothing related to the event. lol

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: Yes always on it

Tell us about yourself!:
Minecraft IGN: funtoon2

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): (UTC+10:00) Brisbane every day.

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: 1 year.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: yea, Jacattack8.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: i be specialize by helping.

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: I have no idea

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: no.

Do you have any experience hosting events?: 1 time.

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): i love them they are really useful, if you keep put useful plugins i be happy.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: I don't know.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I don't

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?:i fell like Evant better.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: jump out and be free.

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: I do have skype and i do use it for regular communication.

Tell us about yourself!: I love minecraft and this server,
Minecraft IGN: Tman_103

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone):

Anytime after 4pm

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?:

10 - 20 and I have been playing on Minetown for 1year/3months

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?:

I have Leron, JC and Sorvora.

What kind of events would you specialize in?:

Pvp and building events

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?:

I would like to bring back some old events

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went:

Yes! Speef, Death Cube, Speed Build, Iron buillder, Limited build, Pixel art build, Pvp/war games and Tnt run. (I did not make off of the events listed.)

Do you have any experience hosting events?:

Yes

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.):

I use to be apart of the Event team so i'm pretty good with these plugins at this point.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?:

Having to figure out what time the most amount of players are online.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?:

I already have an Idea about what events the members like and what events they don't.

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?:

Because i'm here to just host events that will make others happy.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!:

When in doubt make a new event <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?:

Tbrown1055 and yes I can

Tell us about yourself!: I am a freshman in high school and enjoy being apart of minetown.
Micb2Sk.png

Minecraft IGN: ICostaEx

What time of day would you be most available to run events?:

time zone: Central America/Canada

Weekends: After 12:00PM I can be online from anywhere for 2 to 6 hours

Weekdays (summer): I can be online almost all day long if I don't have plans (11:00AM to 7:00PM)

Weekdays(school): I get off of school at 2:45, at around 3:00 I do my homework/makeup work so around 4:00PM I will be online and I can stay on for about 4 hours.

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: During weekends I spent many many hours playing, during weekdays I tend to hope on at least once a day for 2+ hours. Id say I spend about 15-20 hours a week on the server, during the summer around 20-30 hours a week.

I have been on Minetown since late November 2013, and I plan on staying with Minetown for many more months.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: I have meet plenty of people on minetown, more than i can name, but the ones deer to me are zio, masterjack, neil, tman, and dimbulb. These people have stuck with me for a long time and are always there to catch me. (Or hump me in some cases(zio))

What kind of events would you specialize in?: I specialize in Contest type events, I love hosting things like Hide and go seek, amazingmaze, ect basically anything with a challenge.

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: Well, I have always wanted to make this HUGE maze and have random pressure plates everywhere some good, and reward you with armor, food, ect. some bad and hurt you. There would be 10-25 people within the maze trying to kill each other. The victor would get a prize, preferably MTC. this event is kinda like the hunger games, just in a huge maze, traps, ect.

Second event idea,

I have always wanted to try and make a parkour/pvp battle type event, basically each player gets a wooden sword, a leather chest plate, and some apples. The players are then split up into teams of 3, the players are put in a arena with two parkour's both end at the same point of witch a chest is located filled with a iron sword, diamond leggings, and some food. the players have a choice to ether finish the parkour and get an advantage over the other team or battle it out with what little tools they have. The winning team can ether claim there winnings or go for another game with themselves! what i mean by themselves is that team of 3 will be split up into a free for all match of the same game mode. The winning person will get 2 winning prizes instead of 1.

I am always coming up with more idea's and If I am picked I could actually bring these ideas to the drawing broad!

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events?Please tell us what you did and how it went: Back when classic was main, I use to host mini events for a small amount of MTC. A lot of people loved playing along. Once I made this big park-our and invited a lot of people out and the first one to finish it got 25k MTC.. It was fun and many people enjoyed it. It was actually this event that made me want to become a event team member.

Do you have any experience hosting events?:Yes, I have helped event team members set up events and even helped them build them.

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.):I know most all these plugins very well, WorldEdit and WorldGuard being the highest. I have used WE and WG, on many servers and know almost every command/function that follows them. The other plugins I have used before, but i'm sure I could learn them very fast and easy.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?:I think the hardest part of making/hosting a event is coming up with a even that everyone would love. There have been so many events in the past that it may be hard to think up of a original event. But sometimes people love the mainstream things. So using the same thing every time and just adding a little bit of a difference may attract a large crowd.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I think I would be a better applicant because, I truly have been supporting the events team since late 2013. I have always loved going to events and even helping with them. I applied for events team in the past, but unfortunately it was full. So I waited and ended up giving Minecraft a break but now I'm back, more mature, and I think i'm ready to tackle what I love doing. Witch is hosting things for people to have fun at!

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?:I would consider Event staff over being a moderator because, as a moderator it is your job to make sure people are following rules, and playing nice, how as a events staff, you are enforcing fun. You are providing everyone with some fun. And with all honesty I rather make someone laugh then warn them. Besides its always been a dream of mine to work for the events team on MineTown.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!:Welp im outside the box in my mind... No need to think anymore, time to go punch more trees

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?:Yes, my Skype is ICostaEx. Add me if you need any more information, or if you just want to chat!

Tell us about yourself!:My name is Daniel, I started playing Minecraft around 3 years ago. I found Minetown 4 months after playing Minecraft, at the time of me being a new person to Minetown I had some cash in my pocket and I really liked the server, so i donated $100 to the server. a week later a new server poped up and i was so exited that I decided to donate $200 more! After a while, I guess Minecraft kinda faded from my priority's so I quit for a while, but life got boring again so here i am!
Minecraft IGN: funtoon2.

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): I will be on everyday just for players if they want to play event.

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: 2 or 1 hours playing Minetown and i been on Minetown about like a year.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: DayneThunderBow, Huntress5

4, kcoop920, dteandy, DeeQue.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: TNTrun.

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: Hide and seek, if you find the player that player will seeker, and if there last player that is still hiding wins.

Have u ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went:

Do you have any experience hosting events?: No. i have not

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): All the plugins are so good for minetown.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: The hardest is making the maps for the events and hosting event i guess its easy.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I'm always on for minetown longer then 70% of players.

Why do you consider ×Event staff over ×Moderation staff?: I'm not older enough to be Moderator so i choose Event.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: Break free to the party!.

Do you have ×Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: I do have skype and i do use it for regular communication to my friends.

Tell us about yourself!: I play video games and i thinks its alots of fun and i think minetown its my favorite thing in my life.