Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Event Team Applications
Started by [E] MasterJack

Event Team Applications

As an Event Team member you must...

- Apply the Minetown Rules

- Create and host regular events for the community

- Continue to keep Minetown a fun place to be

This is the new application thread, if you applied on the old thread please post here if you are still interested in the position.

Please copy and paste the form below, filling it in and replying to this thread.
Application wrote:
Minecraft IGN:

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone):

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?:

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?:

What kind of events would you specialize in?:

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?:

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went:

Do you have any experience hosting events?:

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.):

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?:

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?:

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?:

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!:

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?:

Tell us about yourself!:

Good luck! :excited:
Minecraft IGN:

alexpet888

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone):

durring week 3-6pm est (depending on course work) and weekends as much as i can bare( some weekends I have robotics, FRC)

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?:

Tbh not sure... I take breaks for a while but when i play I'm on almost all the time. I'm sure that having responsibilities would cause me to spend even more time.

Yes and no... I am friendly with everyone, most notably gardiner_1. I would say everyone is my friend however I do a lot on my own.

I enjoy making things that are technical... or building events. (i admire people who can build... )

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?:

I had a project on classic that was going to be a pvp small arena that was a duel of sorts... so players could put in their items and fight for the items...

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went:

I have helped build some events... none of which i can remember the name of or who ran them... =( one was I helped fill in some 50x60 or so room with stone and ores for a mining game. I also got second(or third cant remember... so it was second =) ) in one of matt's spleef games

I used to hold events on a server I ran for people at my school... (mostly ftb stuff)

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.):

Upon learning about craftbook I spent a good few weeks learning everything i could about ICs and WOW thats a powerful plugin.... I have worked with WE and can pick up plugins quite quickly due to my ability to read code... (learned the /mypet plugin from reading the code thank you github...)

making it look nice... I would focus on more technical builds...

I honestly dont... I just wanna help.

I was thinking of applying for mod and decided that it was a bit more then i could handle(mainly covering neil and how much work he does... 0o its a lot). I also like the concrete goals that event staff has to offer. Ex: build an even... once i build it I'll still be working on others but wont have to respond to /pes or skyblock (lol skyblock)

tbh also i noticed this thread and thought I would give it a shot...

now... i take this time to say goodbye to JC RIP, he held a great final event with over 9 players all actively engaged... on agharta... one of my fav people.

I do have skype and i could use it more then i do now(i use it almost never atm). Back when I was admin/events of my own server(for my school) I was on skype 24/7.

Tell us about yourself!:

I'm alex, figured I would start out small.

I'm involved with a FRC team (first robotics team). This means that in January I will have no time to work or be on the server at all...

the basics of the frc is we are given 6 weeks to build a robot to play a game... and we do... This requires giving up about .5 gpa and all time for friends but it gets done and is a lot of fun...(we also learn a lot...) This year I'm getting promoted to lead or assistant lead programmer so I'll hold some weight, hopefully....
Minecraft IGN: gardiner_1

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): GMT and any time after 4pm

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: 8 months and i play around 2-10 hours weekdays weekends around 3-14.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: I have many friends but my closest would have to be Master and the faction Tempest also Alex <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

What kind of events would you specialize in?: Pvp events and stuff like treasure hunts events really any thing fun and that would interest guests into applying for member.

I have a hallowen one that i would use a lot of redstone for also im trying to find a plugin for for basicly its trick or treat and you knock on doors and you have 50% of getting a prize 20% of instant death 30% of a potion effect.Also i have plans to do skywars <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: Here is a list of what official events i been to: Walls,pvp,logo build,quick build and lots more i just cant remember ;p

Do you have any experience hosting events?:On minetown i have not hosted a event but on my server i have hosted TONS of build and pvp events and it turned out really well and got good feed back with people asking to do it again.

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): I have TONS of experience with worldedit and worldguard i use it daily and with craftbook and serversigns im always happy to learn about it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?:I would say from what iv seen getting timing right with everyone on diffrent time zones and also finding the people to attend it once its ready to go.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: Because i don't apply for the fancy tag and the perms to do stuff i apply cause i love hosting events and doing fun stuff and making new friends.

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: I don't. I see them both as a equal rank because as mod you help make the place better to play on making it more fun and as event staff you host events to keep people interested and happy to play on the server.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: A reward system to reward players in other worlds witch could be configured instead of manual. So for example if i was to host a event and the winner gets a diamond on agharta that diamond would be transferred to there inventory in agharta.

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: I do but at the moment i an only able to text on there as i don't have a microphone, but my Skype is XGoldenGamerX <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Tell us about yourself!: I'm a very trustful person, ill take everyone options in to create the high standard minetown is looking for!

Thanks for reading =)
Minecraft IGN: a3modz2

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): EST - Around 3-9 pm on weekdays and 11-9 pm ib weekends if I'm available.

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: 10-25 hours - Been almost 2 years now!

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: Jc, Pkmn, aloveablecat, pokemongardevoir, insert.. Those are my closest friends but I have more.

What kind of events would you specialize in?: I would speicliaze in events like puzzels, and fast type of games, also I like to do time events that a take a while.

team based game!

In this event its called "The Hunter" there is one person with a diamond sword and golden armor he is the hunter and its near bedrock so its really dark and more scary and you can set up music with note blocks, what you have to do is stay alive as long as you can from the hunter you get nothing but an iron sword!!! If you die your out and it keeps going until the 5-10 min mark is over. If the hunter does not exceed his/her goal the winners can get prizes for there winning each time they win. About (1k each time)

A solo game!

I call this game the "Kill kill kill!" What you need to do in this event is the Ent+ will spawn different types of mobs and there will be rounds of different mobs coming at you there are a total of 10 rounds! (staff choose what they want to spawn in but it as to be fair) What does the player get? Glad you asked you get a iron sword full iron armor and 3 cookedpork 2 apples and 1 cookie! For each round you beat you get prizes.

Your in this cave (Halloween theme), there are traps everywhere that can or will get you killed!!! You and your team goes on a quest to find the golden apple which is In a chest. You and your team have to find it before the other team does and you have to return it back to base!

The Classes!

- Doom - Diamond armor, Diamond sword, 2 cooked chicken.

- Wizard - Splash potion of poison X3, Splash potion x4, splash potion of strength x2, Wooden sword, gold armor, 4 cooked chicken, 2 cooked pork.

- Knight - iron armor, gold sword, 2 cooked chicken ,3 cookies

- Tank - Diamond armor, iron sword, 3 cooked chicken, 4 cookies

Edit: just though of this one! ^ Also used it for the think out of the box question.

And other games I think up these are just some are my best.

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: Yes I ran some events some were better then others but some people joined <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>, I also participated in official and unofficial events and those were as fun as well.

Do you have any experience hosting events?: No not as an ent+ but I know the commands for it.

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): I used WE before as staff on another server, same with Worldguard. Serversigns I know how to use also and make stuff cost time to re use it. I'm not the greatest at toggleableareas and same with craftbook but I mean I'd only learn <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f44d.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":thumb:">:thumb:</object>

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: Is making sure the people are happy and enjoying the event on the server.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I think I'm a better person because I'm really experienced with worldedit, serversigns, worldguard, etc

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: I consider event staff over moderation staff because I just want the players of the community to have a fun time on minetown, and play cool and fun games.

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: Your in this cave (Halloween theme), there are traps everywhere that can or will get you killed!!! You and your team goes on a quest to find the golden apple which is In a chest. You and your team have to find it before the other team does and you have to return it back to base!

The Classes!

- Doom - Diamond armor, Diamond sword, 2 cooked chicken.

- Wizard - Splash potion of poison X3, Splash potion x4, splash potion of strength x2, Wooden sword, gold armor, 4 cooked chicken, 2 cooked pork.

- Knight - iron armor, gold sword, 2 cooked chicken ,3 cookies

- Tank - Diamond armor, iron sword, 3 cooked chicken, 4 cookies

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: Yes

Tell us about yourself!: I am very mature, smart and I like to make sure everyone is having a fun time!
Deleted since I was no longer eligible for staffing until now...
Deleted c:
Minecraft IGN: Dolphin180

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): On weekends around 6:00-7:00 (GMT+8:00)

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: Since the Summer of 2013 and 10hrs a week.

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: Yes, I have my older brother, silverarow180, animal_lover525, my friend from school( I told her about MT), Ravensdragon and her daughter Tanaya02

What kind of events would you specialize in?: I like mazes and judging pixel art.

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: Pet duels! You can have people with mypets come to an arena and turn their pet on duel mode! Fun to watch pets duel <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: I participated in a skyblock event but I don't usually play on skyblock so I wasn't so good at it. I also did an event a while back where it was a mix of searching skills and parkour.

I am hosting an event along with silver and Raven on Nov 3rd and there is a lot of things that I am building in the event. Check out this link-http://www.minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/9247925-halloween-party-events-in-dragonfire

Do you have any experience hosting events?: It hasn't happened yet but I will host an event and I want you to come. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): I haven't used any of those plugins.

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?: Well I think it is the supervising because some events take long to complete and you have to have a lot of time.

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?: I am hosting an event right now so I can show you my hosting skills that you can see for yourself.

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?: I honestly think that the event staff sounds more fun and something that I feel like I can enjoy more!

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: ? I am a very creative person!

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: I do have Skype but I don't really want to give it out so maybe we could just use the website for communication.

Tell us about yourself!: I have a little sister and I like to make treasure hunts for her because I like watching her go searching for treasure. I love playing on Minetown, I love how everyone is so nice and is always happy to help and I want to help out too.
Minecraft IGN: MischievousGrins

Weekdays: after 4 pm. Can be on for 1 to 3 (sometimes 4) hours.

Weekends: Any time after 1 pm , can be on for quite some hours, although I usually stay on the most after midnight. (often stay on till 2- 7 in the morning. ) Basically saying, I'll attempt (or simply will be) to be on at the times I am needed, on and ready before event starts, and present till the end. ( this is very inaccurate, my time scheduled is always changing. Simply won't be the same from one day to another. Days I'll be on more and others not at all. I, however, won't fail to be on time if something is planned.)

(Eastern Time zone)

1 to 3 hours weekdays + many hours weekends. Basically around: 15, 20 and more hours. It can happen to be less on certain weeks. (Been quite a bit less lately though I'm present on the computer just as long, I could still log in anytime.)

I've only been on Minetown for a few months, but I intend to stick around.

People I actually know: Hirobian and Vix_sparda

Though I've many friends made in Minetown that are dear to me: Leron, Raven, Dimbulb... and others <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

I would like to vary what I do, but I specialize in artistic events of many types.

Here is one example: Holes. Idea based on the movie "Holes"! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>.

I was thinking of hiding many chests in a VERY LARGE area of dirt/sand or other. Only very few would have actual value. The point would be finding the chests of value, by using the hints in the many other chests that would be easier to find. There could be one very last chest with a special something in it to indicated that this is the top place winner, who will get the best prize. I was thinking I could make a rule that the holes would obligatorily be a certain with and deepness. Also has to be a distance apart to keep the place clean for the participants to play well. In the dirt, along with the chests, would be traps and mini puzzles to get other hints. I was hoping to have this with many winners in different ways so all can have gained something for the fun of it, the event would be less gloomy to those who had a harder time.

Second Idea ( not extremely sure on this one but I will pitch it in anyway )

Water slides:

This will be done In a VERY HIGH area. The point would be using a bucket of water as your means of getting through some type of puzzle. Basically, you will be using your created waterfalls to get in and out of dead ends, traps and any other obstacle as you must keep going down lower and lower till you reach the bottom. I suppose we could state the 3 first players to reach the bottom safe and sound as winners. I was also thinking, possibly, to make this more tricky, all players who still reach the bottom (even with the 3 winners found) can obtain a special prize. They could only get this, if they find a special object set for this, and bring one with them to the bottom. Even the three winners can have this prize if they got the object. There for, this is a prize all can have no matter what.

In short, this would be a type of parkour but using water as your means of transportation and puzzle/problem solving.

I would set straight rules for every participant so both these events remain fair. Basically the basic rules for most events like no cheating. Nothing serious, I want to keep the game as fun and free as can be <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

(these are two Ideas a came up with :3)

In future events, I would love to run more Pixel arts, I didn't mention this since there are a few going on right now.

(Of course, I will still be coming up with more ideas, but these are the two I decided on sharing )

I have participated in a few events, I loved the pixel art ones, they are very amusing. I don't recall of any unofficial events but I hope to participate in Ravens' upcoming events(and whoever is helping her with them, I can't quite recall.)

I have not run any events myself yet, I would love to, however.

The event that didn't go so well when I participated in it, was simply a jumping parkour... I suppose I'm simply not great with jumping myself.. xD

As I haven't hosted any myself, I suppose I can't say I've had experience. Although, I pay attention when others do events, making me learn from them. I hope to learn more.

Unfortunately, I have never used the plugins before. :/ But I am always up for learning how to do so if it is asked of me.

I believe a hard part might be coming up with building parkours (for parkour events) that are fun for the players at the same time as being doable. This most likely takes a lot of time. But I think that one of the hardest things could be keeping the game fun in an orderly with the participants, It could sometimes be difficult .

I don't think that I am a better person then the other applicants.

I would love to be chosen, however I believe that everyone's most likely very good. They might have different specialties, or maybe explain themselves less well with they're choice of words but that wouldn't make them any lesser depending on what they are needed to do. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

If this question was to demand my abilities XD then I would haft to say I am a very creative person, I enjoy having people try out things I've done for them, the prizes I give out is something that makes me happy to do. I would put in a lot of time and effort into this for others whether they will or will not participate, At least I will have gave them an event to do. Hopefully they will want to.

My main reason for applying is because I like the events and would love to run some myself too.

A few other reasons that gave me a push to apply is that there aren't many event staff so I've heard, and I thought it would be a nice thing if I did so. I felt I wanted to help out. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Also, I am underage to be a moderator, therefor I did not even consider this. I did consider BT but there were so many already, I thought maybe in the future when I have built more things that make me deem of a good builder xP

I am standing in the box and I'm trying to solve a puzzle to get out of it. Or I am outside the box and I am trying to solve a puzzle to get in... no? ok XD

Now simply because I'm not sure what exactly is demanded of me for this question, I'm going to blab about me, myself and I, and how I would include all in my events, those who wish to participate of course. I am planning (if accepted of course) to variate the the of events I do so they aren't always too similar which can be a bore. I believe we need events on regular basis, at least I thought I read that somewhere. But even so, I will attempt to create a good amount, with a proper amount of time between them. I would like to leave the other staff be able to set their own events too, so I don't want to over do it either.

I do have skype, I can use it for regular communication <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Tell us about yourself!:

I must seem very unprofessional xD I'm using to many smileys! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> , but what can I say I'm hyper O.o Really, I'm only overdoing it a little to prove my point xD

(I'm done, I'm done!)

Besides that....

I'm not sure how much I can keep pushing on the "I'm creative". This is the one thing I will forever say about myself. But I will add that I am pretty stubborn, therefore I will continue events I've began and finish them. I enjoy playing minecraft, talking to people and being there to help when needed.

The next information is a little irrelevant but I'm afraid I've run out of pertinent points that would be important for events. However the question stated to tell you about me, and this is very true, and is the simplest thing I could state: I'm totally bilingual (French and English) So if we ever happen to get french players on Minetown then I can be glad to help them out <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Minecraft IGN:Sir_Penguinman

What time of day would you be most available to run events? (Please also specify a timezone): Eastern standard around 4:30 pm

How many hours per week do you play (average)? How long have you been in Minetown?: Well I play around 10-15 hours per week and I have been on minetown roughly around 2-3 months

Do you have any close friends in Minetown?: Yes,alovablecat

What kind of events would you specialize in?: I would specialize in building events and Pvp events

What ideas do you have for future events (Give details and features you will use)?: Maybe Like a hide and seek sort of game, where a Monster called the Reaper tries to kill 5 other players and the players try to gather material to defeat the Reapoer but the Reaper can't be killed with out 6 magical potions that are scattered through out an rundown town map,

The reaper will have: Scythe: Sharpness 3 Dyed leather armor (Black) Protection 5 and 16 steak

Players: Leather armor,Wooden sword,10 porkchops

Have you ever participated (in) or ran any official/unofficial events? Please tell us what you did and how it went: Well I did praticipate In the rock em sock em Event, and a building event

Do you have any experience hosting events?: Well Not really

I did have experience building them on other servers, such as a team based pvp event.

Tell us about your experience in some of the plugins we use (WorldEdit, WorldGuard, CraftBook, ServerSigns, ToggleableAreas etc.): I know the basics to world edit and some advnaced things and I do know how to use ServerSigns and WorldGuard

What do you think the hardest part of making and hosting events is?:I think the hardest part is to get people very controlled so they won't fool around and stuff

Why do you think you are a better person than other applicants?:I think I am more Unique then other applicants because Im very fun,friendly and active

Why do you consider Event staff over Moderation staff?:I consider Event Staff over Moderation staff because Its more creative fun and not all gloomy

Quick! Think outside the box! Now what?!: MAKE A GIANT CAKE THE SIZE OF NEW YORK THEN EAT IT WITH A GIANT RAINBOW COLOURED MONSTER WITH SPRINKLES AND A CHERRY ON TOP.THEN SPRINKLE IT WITH THE CREATIVITY OF ALL THE EVENT MODS THEN HAVE IT BE CLONNED UNTILL ALL OF MINETOWN IS COVERED WITH THIS MONSTROSITY

Do you have Skype, and can you use it for regular communication?: I do have skype and I use it for regualar communication I use it to communicate with prison staff so we could coordinate and work toghther

Tell us about yourself!:I am a very fun and creative guy and I love making guys and gals happy
Deleted.