Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] i was banned for having an xray...i dont have any mods installed
Started by [E] Vix_Sparda

Vix_Sparda

10/03/2013

who banned me...not sure...i think it was HolySm0kes

appprently for having an xray modification. i dont have one. zio and i have been dark mineing for a long time. and we havent been banned yet x.x

Agharta

again x.x this is the first time ive been banned for something fraudulent.
How is mining without torches "PROOF" that someone is X-Ray mining? I request a detailed explanation and not just a simple answer like "its suspicious". Thank you.
Do not post in ban appeals where you were not asked by a staff member to contribute. It will result in a 48 hour ban.

I will be handling this appeal. In the evidence provided, it is pretty obvious you were using an xray mod and possibly a fullbright mod as well. You were being followed by a staff member to determine whether or not you were cheating. In this case, it was determined you were using xray mods since your stone to ore ratio is low. Also, you state you were "dark mining" with Zio? I will ask him to confirm that and find out what happened.

I would like you to explain the following:

1. How you were able to mine almost directly to valuable ores in 0% light

2. Why you think this ban is fradulent

3. Why you think your own stone to ore ratio is so low, which does point to xray cheating

Just be warned, if you maintain you haven't cheated and its determined you have, the punishment will be worse. Its best not to lie and tell the truth. You'll get much further in this appeal and in life in general.
1. well the way i mine is entirely random. what i got from that take was i think 10 iron. 22 gold and 6 diamonds. i was looking for redstone. i didn't actually...find any.

2. because again. i like the challenge of dark mining. the enemies stay around. and its harder to see. makes it more fun for me.

3. i had 8 stacks of cobble or more. i can't check right now. but i wasnt doing it for very long.
Banned: Vix_Sparda

Reason: Xray

Proof:

Caught him with x-ray on my client and the light percentage was 0%

Looking at gold through blocks he is the dog.

2013-10-03_015039_zpsaedc7731.png

What it really looks like and my computer is full brightness

2013-10-03_014717_zps0ffca5d7.png

After following for a few minutes he was mining straight to Diamond, Iron, And Gold Ores With minimal stone to ore ratio

2013-10-03_014913_zps59be2d53.png

The above evidence is from the person who banned you. Can you please take a moment to explain the screenshots and respond to his statements?
i got 6 diamonds for those 4 ores. was happy. didnt think its a bad thing to dark mine.
how long is my ban for? i thought the first offence was 24 or 48 hours
Please be patient when making a ban appeal. There is a lot we need to look into when determining if a ban is valid or not.

When looking at the logs, I see a lot of straight line mining followed by a sudden turn which leads directly to valuable ores. That evidence, as well as HolySm0kes' screenshots, points toward some form of x-ray cheating.

You did, as you say, find 4 diamond ores. However, you also found 23 gold ores in a 4 minute period. That evidence further supports the ban of x-ray cheating.

Also, I'm not sure why you say a "first offense" ban is only 24 to 48 hours, as the ban guidelines clearly state 1 week to permanent based on amount of materials gained.

I am ready to issue the ban length, but I will give you one final chance to make a statement.
well. ive been on minetown for a 3 years. i enjoyed it. very much. i learned it wad wrong. its not goingto happen here again.