Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Looking for good & retro-lovin' content writers + more
Started by [E] zyntrax

I'll be a moderator. But if the position is not available, I could try to be a writer, and lastly, a tester haha.
Considering I'm quite a creative and imaginative guy, I could be a writer. Its just that I'm not sure how much time I'd be able to dedicate to it. If you could tell me what I need to write up for items and such, I will think about it.
i would not mind being a mod and writer.

and if you ever need a narator i would not mind offering my self for the porsition that if you ever have some thing like that.

and here is an example

welcome to feral traveller adventure awaits you. or you see a glowing light in the distance do you wish to continue or go another way.

and for any time there is a storyline quest the narrator if you have one heor she could point out somethin g to help you during the quest.
This is really good to get so many interested.

TIBBS4LIFE

Sounds fun i'll add you on skype and you can talk with us about the project also.

Yes we have narator for areas, i'll post a guide with this post.

MaxsCorporation

Thank you i'll add you as a tester, i think we got more than enough moderators ATM.

Gatschet

It would be really awsome if you would like to be a writer, we need more writers since it will mainly contain text.

Pompous_Lemur

Good you can think of some ideas and post them in our forum on skypebot.net/forum and for items, i'm not really sure how the table is constructed, but i'll make my friend the "main coder" post a guide for that.

BTW if you'd like to create an area for a quest or for an NPC here is a guide.

The way that areas work currently is limited to a couple of things. This being said, us developers still want some sort of structure when we add in content so we won't have to filter out a lot of mumbo jumbo. You are most likely confused as well, so allow me to introduce how to write a proper area for a developer.

Everything that is marked in blue will be directly added to the area database, so please try to understand the formatting of those blue sections in order for the coder to add them as painlessly as possible.

While this looks like a troublesome way to do things, this HAS to be done for every area. There are no shortcuts, and every area needs its own descriptions and such.

And another thing; if you are making a thread about multiple areas that are all connected to each other, put in the thread title. If it's a single area, just put .

Information

This is what YOU intend with this area. Perhaps you want something in this area in the future like a bucket to kick or a particular NPC to talk to or buy from? Nothing here will actually be added to the game, but it makes it easier for you to draw an outline of what exactly you want this area to have. In the future there will be a better way to describe NPC's and such, but for now this is what we're stuck with while the Feral code works its magic.

Area Name

This is the real name of an area. It can be something as simple as "Forest path", but what we would really like to see is some sort of consistency between each area, making them a part of a realm or perhaps just making it more descriptive.

You arrive to The Northern Wastelands of Aldur

Unidentified Area Name:

This is something that was decided right away – all areas will have an unidentified name and a "real" name. You can put something that describes the area here. In the game, it will come out looking somewhat like this:

You arrive to a barren wasteland.

Short Description:

This is what will be displayed as soon as you enter an area. Something like "It is very sandy here." would be a good example to what this could be.

You arrive to a barren wasteland. It is very sandy here.

Long Description:

This is something that would be displayed after examining the area (the "look" command currently). A longer description, as well as the way to travel to other areas would be contained in here.

You are in a barren wasteland. The sand is everywhere and does not suit you at all. There is a path to the north but everywhere else is surrounded by unclimbable mountains.

Neighbours (north, south, west, east, up, down)

This is where you specify the paths available from this area. This will be added to the game straight as it is, so simply do as the following example.

North: The Northern Wastelands of Aldur

South: The Northern Wastelands of Aldur

West: The Forsaken Passage

East: The Well of Hope

Up: nothing (no need to specify if nothing)

Down: nothing (no need to specify if nothing)