Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Prison Free World Community Decision
Started by [E] DanniDorrito

Hey Everyone,

Plans are going ahead as usual to have the Free World released in October, but we have another idea but would mean there would be a further 1 month delay on the release. We would prefer the communities decision before going ahead with it, its down to what you want.

It all revolves around the 1.7 update, if you are unsure of that that will include please see this thread

The original plan.

- Configure the 60+ plugins we have planned (With the time we have not all will be added to begin with, its likely the server would start with basics then be worked upon, the 1.7 update may break plugins and cause problems for people playing while we fix them or wait for updates).

- Keep spawn as it is, its a schematic to save time.

- Add additional villages/towns/cities far from spawn for players to discover. (More stuff will be included with that but its not necessary to go into detail about right now). We can get more villages added before the release.

- No world expansion once 1.7 comes out, however the resource world would be reset regularly and include the 1.7 generation. The world will have just been newly released so there will be more than enough space to build, expansions are done when needed.

Pros: Will release earlier than the new plan. Will be able to run on basic plugins. A few villages to be found. Spawn already done.

Cons: Won't be able to build in 1.7 biomes. Villages won't be in 1.7 biomes. Less plugins configured. Plugins will break in the 1.7 update, may cause problems for players.

The new plan.

- Configure the 60+ plugins we have planned (We will try and get as much done with the extended time, once the update happens we will update the plugins and fix any problems before the release).

- Do a complete overhaul on spawn to ensure everything we have planned will be within spawn.

- Add additional villages/towns/cities far from spawn for players to discover. (More stuff will be included with that but its not necessary to go into detail about right now). With time restrictions we may not get as many villages released, we plan to make them now and save schematics. But villages in the newer biomes would need to start being made in November after the release.

- World will be generated to 1.7 (meaning the added villages/towns/cities will be found in new 1.7 biomes and anything players build could be in 1.7 biomes too) and resource world will also be 1.7.

Pros: More plugins will be added. Any problems with plugins in the 1.7 update will be fixed prior to release, more villages can be made, better spawn design, players can build in 1.7 land.

Cons: Will release in November or later dependent on what the 1.7 update changes.
will be well worth the wait!
I only say the original plan as we will be (in a way) limited with options as new updates are released. If we take our time to get this done, it's will be worth our while. We've all be waiting for quite some time, and it wouldn't kill us to wait a little bit longer.
I think that if we wait, it will be much more enjoyable, once mine craft updates, lots of plugins will break, and it will take a while to bring back to speed, whereas if we wait, It will be all set and done, and won't be complaint for a while.
Id definitely wait. The prison should be the best it can be. if it is possible (which it is) we should wait and add all the extended features into the free world.
Sounds good cant wait <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>.
If this plan happens do I really have to wait for November to buy freedom...
@4434737 wrote:

That's true - perhaps if the Free rank was available (Fixed) relatively soon, then have the actual release later.
@2077764 wrote:
@4434737 wrote:

That's true - perhaps if the Free rank was available (Fixed) relatively soon, then have the actual release later.

I hope so.
a3modz2 wrote:
@2077764 wrote:
@4434737 wrote:

I hope so.

Ill bring up maybe creating a "free" block, or area, until the full release is done. Thne we could do it in 2 steps