Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown Terrafirmacraft server
Started by [E] Remove Kebab

This sounds like major fun, I vote yes!
@2571215 wrote:
*cough* Pearl server *cough*

Dragoness has the main plugin there Ultra Hardcore mode slightly tweaked. But basically it already does what Terrafirma craft does. If she didn't edit the configs. Basically the threat of cave-ins and crap looms over you. torches can't be placed on soft ground etc etc. breaking ores turns surrounding stone into cobble which falls on you.

So it includes Javelins, the Terrafirmacraft smelting system, the way you create tools, and all the other things Terrafirmacraft adds other than the physics?
Amusing story, I'm actually the current "maintainer" of the Eximius TFC server project. Unfortunately, there has been some varying issues with setup, not far from the same general issues related to running custom FeedTheBeast packs. I am willing to bring this up to latest build and see how things stand, though the biggest issue at last poke is having to choose an either a "vanilla" TFC experience or being able to add other game mods (including plugins support) and having a bunch of defining features fail to load. Also, such server does require some basic moderation from people that are actually familiar with the TFC mod, understand it's not a power trip, and can be regularly active whether others are on or not.

TL;DR: You want it, I can give it, but be prepared for the downsides of public servers.
@774530 wrote:
Amusing story, I'm actually the current "maintainer" of the Eximius TFC server project. Unfortunately, there has been some varying issues with setup, not far from the same general issues related to running custom FeedTheBeast packs. I am willing to bring this up to latest build and see how things stand, though the biggest issue at last poke is having to choose an either a "vanilla" TFC experience or being able to add other game mods (including plugins support) and having a bunch of defining features fail to load. Also, such server does require some basic moderation from people that are actually familiar with the TFC mod, understand it's not a power trip, and can be regularly active whether others are on or not.

TL;DR: You want it, I can give it, but be prepared for the downsides of public servers.

I want it, you can give it, I'll moderate it.
There is only 1 mod i can see effectively working alongside TFC and thats Tinkers Construct.
@2571215 wrote:
There is only 1 mod i can see effectively working alongside TFC and thats Tinkers Construct.

No need, lets get Vanilla up in here
TFC needs nothing else attached...the only reason we dont have one from past discussions i remember is protections from griefing. Dont know if they have come out with anything to help with that yet, but if so...id be 100% for doing it...TFC was my favorite standalone for MC
@952775 wrote:
TFC needs nothing else attached...the only reason we dont have one from past discussions i remember is protections from griefing. Dont know if they have come out with anything to help with that yet, but if so...id be 100% for doing it...TFC was my favorite standalone for MC

Even if they havn't, make it a exclusive server like FTB. Not only do you have to be a member, but you have to apply to even play on the server.