Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] ban appeal from using 'glowstone x-ray'
Started by [E] gammage

Exploiting a glitch can be just a severe, if not more so in certain circumstances, than a mod, hack, or cheat. In the first part of your reply, you do not appear to feel any remorse about what you did. In this case, it had the potential to ruin the economy had you found valuable blocks.

We take such a strong stance against cheating, hacking, duplicating, and x-raying simply because of the profound effect it can have on other players and the economy. Cheating via an in-game glitch is still cheating, and you have confessed to build quite a few of these contraptions.

I can understand it is frustrating to be banned for what you view as harmless. However, it had the potential to be more than that, which is something I need to take into consideration. I do not know what your intentions were when you built them. When you viewed the trick on YouTube, you had to have known from the video that it was a mod-less xray trick. On almost every server out there, using any form of xray is a bannable offense. People do use that glitch to get around any detection that may be in place for mods. On the following screenshot, you can see that we do have detection for this glitch:

3R7dQ.png

In all cases, staff investigate the reason for the warnings. Sometimes its as simple as a piston door malfunctioning, and other times its for the purpose you were banned for.

Untitled%20(2).png

As a result of your appeal, you will remain banned for a period of 1 month. You will be unbanned on September 1st, 2013.

Also, your skin is inappropriate for Minetown according to our Rules. Before you are unbanned on the 1st, you must change your skin.

/locked