Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] ban appeal from using 'glowstone x-ray'
Started by [E] gammage

To whom it concerns,

Username:gammage

When you were banned : august 01 2013

Person who banned you:I don't know

Reason you were banned:glowstone sticky piston trick. 'xray'

Server: Main

Hey all <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Well i youtubed the trick, not realising its bannable on this server. I took the risk though, I mean lets face it what with the other admins/mods flying about abusing the economy, why not achieve a similiar exploration advantage. woops!

understandably i got banned, im wondering the duration of the ban? it being too long i'll simply use another server.

I also would of appreciated abit of leniency, given the fact if you just told me not to do it I would of removed the glowstone 'scanners' as i call them and not done the trick again. instead i was banned without the ability to defend myself. After all i would respect abit of freedom of speech, we live in a democratic society after all and such freedoms should be applied given any context or scenario!

If you cannot lift the ban I totally understand, however an explanation as to the duration of the ban would be appreciated

Regards,

Benjamin Gammage

Benjamin.gammage@gmail.com

PS: it was not a mod, rather the use of 2 glowstone and 2 sticky pistons, within my land.
Please post using the proper appeal format found here: http://minetown.net/forum/m/672632/viewthread/390722-ban-appeal-format-read-before-posting
EDIT: post format changed on request
soo is this a perma ban?
I don't like to post on these appeals normally, but please be patient, it may take a short while to review your appeal. We'll be in touch shortly <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
@1121232 wrote:
I don't like to post on these appeals normally, but please be patient, it may take a short while to review your appeal. We'll be in touch shortly <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Hey neil, Thanks for the reply. Thanks for the spider issue which got out of hand in my base too <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> (i think it was you)
Hello,
wrote:
Well i youtubed the trick, not realising its bannable on this server. I took the risk though, I mean lets face it what with the other admins/mods flying about abusing the economy, why not achieve a similiar exploration advantage. woops!

When you joined Minetown, you were asked if you read the rules. Since you are a member, I can only assume you answered "Yes" to that question. I'm finding it really hard to believe right now that you actually read the rules. If you had, you would have realized that any form of x-raying is illegal.
Hello,
wrote:

When you joined Minetown, you were asked if you read the rules. Since you are a member, I can only assume you answered "Yes" to that question. I'm finding it really hard to believe right now that you actually read the rules. If you had, you would have realized that any form of x-raying is illegal.
The Rules wrote:

Do not use hacks/cheats or exploit glitches, including (but not limited to)

Any method of duplication

Using "x-ray" mods/texture packs

Flying

Speed hacks

Exploiting game glitches

Using a cheat client

Using any scripts which allow for cheating

Accepting inappropriately obtained items

You exploited a game glitch (the x-ray trick), which is cause for immediate ban.

As for your statement regarding admins/mods flying around abusing the economy, the staff has strict rules about that sort of thing. Any use of creative must be approved by the Classic Server Manager(s), and staff members are not permitted to sell anything not obtained in survival. I find that part of your argument invalid, as it has no bearing on this appeal.
Quote:

I also would of appreciated abit of leniency, given the fact if you just told me not to do it I would of removed the glowstone 'scanners' as i call them and not done the trick again. instead i was banned without the ability to defend myself. After all i would respect abit of freedom of speech, we live in a democratic society after all and such freedoms should be applied given any context or scenario!

Again, had you have actually read the rules, you would have seen that your "scanners" are against the rules. Players who violate our rules are typically warned, unless its for a serious event. When you created the "scanners", you exploited a glitch. The person banning you was under no obligation to warn you ahead of time.

Please tell me why you should be let back on to Minetown and what assurances can you give that you will never break the rules like this again?
Hey Darkpsy!
@2778564 wrote:

I read such rules when i first joined, over a year ago. while yes there is a 'rules' button I didn't actually realise it was a bannable thing, and did not view the rules as i was either on the server itself or doing IRL things. I forgot the rules, not realising the glowstone trick was bannable. only after i was banned did i review the rules again, clicking that big red not so elusive rules button
@2778564 wrote:

You exploited a game glitch (the x-ray trick), which is cause for immediate ban.

That has been made crystal clear now thankyou!
@2778564 wrote:
As for your statement regarding admins/mods flying around abusing the economy, the staff has strict rules about that sort of thing. Any use of creative must be approved by the Classic Server Manager(s), and staff members are not permitted to sell anything not obtained in survival. I find that part of your argument invalid, as it has no bearing on this appeal.

Agreed it has no bearing on this appeal, and perhaps such arguement should be posted elsewhere (if at all). Im glad to see that such regulations are in place at least for admins/mods via 'classic server manager(S)'
@2778564 wrote:
Again, had you have actually read the rules, you would have seen that your "scanners" are against the rules. Players who violate our rules are typically warned, unless its for a serious event. When you created the "scanners", you exploited a glitch. The person banning you was under no obligation to warn you ahead of time.

Again, I had read the rules a long time ago and forgotten every detail, perhaps i should have reviewed them for building 2 glowstones next to 2 sticky pistons. Perhaps i should make sure every time i build something to check the rules in the future, to be certian im not breaking any rule, bannable glitch. It's also worth mentioning that when loading the game, it used to be the case where you could actually see bricks underneath causing a 'x-ray' affect. Huge chunks of blocks would load one at a time, revealing certian beneficial resources. this happened on ANY server and was a scripting issue i think. Now when loading all you see is black. I dont know what patch fixed the issue.

I failed to see how this was such a serious violation compared to other offences. no Mods, form of attack using script itself was used. No means of clogging up server memory was used which would cause a server crash or means of causing extreme ping. No attack on any other individual playing minetown was done, No material gain was achieved when using the glitch. It seems even regulation of current law and its policies in england seem more understandable then that of a minecraft server!

Thirdly, I didn't know that the player responsible is under no obligation to warn, or at least tell me to stop building, and destroy the 'scanners' i created. Indeed it would make sense to just tell me rather then all this. Understandably however, if so many people are going against rules then its easier to just ban. perhaps improve the whitelisting procedure in such case too.
@2778564 wrote:
Please tell me why you should be let back on to Minetown and what assurances can you give that you will never break the rules like this again?

Well, I am prone to donating and quite frankly the kitty cannon is deserving of the popular meme 'JUST TAKE MY MONEY' so if anything me being able to play on the server is only beneficial to it. Plus my good freind Adam simply misses me and our time together in the swamp so you would be reuniting some serious 'bromance'. I do apologise for any inconvenience i caused however, and if any heartache and pain has been caused from my actions. What assurances can i give to never break the rules again? Well, If i could create some form of contract in which failure to adhere to the rules would result in me donating 50 pounds, i would. The only assurance I can provide is my word and promise not to break any rule herein or any future rule developed. This server is one of the best available and I wish to be apart of it, certianly not causing any grief. Being on this server for so long already and not breaking a single rule i think merits some trust, after all i didn't intend to get banned knowingly that exploiting such a glitch is bannable. Perhaps i should read the rules more often!

Sincerest apologies

PSThankyou for your reply.