Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Main needs a border expand!!!!
Started by [E] ≈tarantula2

the problem you guys don't see (staff) is that players want to continue playing with what they have. main 2 does not allow this at all requiring you to pay an extra sum of money just to pass items alone through. what about buildings? main 2 yes, Is new land and I understand no matter what I say main 2 will be coming out because of all the work put into it so far and I respect that. but when you realise that its not what staff want for the server, but what players want for the server that makes the difference to the servers survival you will succeed. as of now there are only a few players who want to play on main2. the main reason for this is players don't want to lose their work and start all over again if they did, there is noting stopping them going out and finding a new place to start over.

I personally think main 2 is a bad idea in the first place, and the memory and power taken up by it could have been used much more effectively, once way would be a main 1 map expansion. this would add the new features of minecraft but allow people to use them while keeping their progress on the server.

yes it's all very nice having a shiny new spawn from main 2 but really, I predict that it will be used for a few months and then most players will leave. some will stay, but most will leave.

and I think that's a shame, as main 2 has had so much work put into it. the only way I see main 2 surviving and being popular is that it has something different to main 1 I'm talking different plugins and mods. at the moment what main 2 is offering is main1 but you lose all your progress and a new spawn. where as a main 1 expansion would offer the same thing, but you keep your progress while having the option to start over.
@190489 wrote:
Mains border will most likely not be expanded as main2 is going to be released shortly. Mains map is already big enough with 90% of it not being populated.

90%? that is very incorrect. there is a difference between server population and the amount of usable land on the server. and that's the problem. firstly its definitely more populated than that. at the most 40% of the land is unpopulated. but when you look closely only about 20% of those buildings are occupied. why are they still there? well that is because of the poor management of building claims. at the moment it takes about 6 months to remove or take ownership of a building. so most people don't bother and leave. I'm not going to go into this as I have had many arguments over it with staff and its only a recipe for a flame war. but basically that's part of the problem. also useable land is limited. okifool said to build over the huge oceans lining the map. the problem is few players are willing to put so much effort in to make enough solid surface over it. so that's not really a good fix.

in conclusion...

main 2 is a waste of server memory and power, it would be much more effective to use it on a world expansion

staff need to spend more time cleaning up the map, and less time on making new servers. fix the issues first then add stuff

the claim system needs to be changed so it is easier for a person to claim an inactive property

I know this post will stir a lot of hate or whatever, and I know it wont make much of a difference to the staffs opinions because they just don't care what players think tbh (no offence staff) this post wasn't ment to start any arguments or anything, its just my opinion on the matter.

thanks for reading either way.
35iJbBH.png
i don't get it.
@1162214 wrote:
35iJbBH.png

Main1 it should say <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
BUMP
@744235 wrote:

in conclusion...

main 2 is a waste of server memory and power, it would be much more effective to use it on a world expansion

staff need to spend more time cleaning up the map, and less time on making new servers. fix the issues first then add stuff

the claim system needs to be changed so it is easier for a person to claim an inactive property

tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

...We will probably expand Classic/Main1 map. But there are several other reasons why we are switching to Main2. During the 3 years we exploited this map we learned a lot about what cause lag and what can and can not be fixed. It would be too long (and probably pointless) to make a 2 feet long message to explain all these issues in deep details, but we are aiming to prevent those issues on Main2 to keep it as "healthy" as possible.

Edit: We are barely using 20% of all the resources the server hosting Main1 and Main2 is able to provide.... and assigning more ram or more CPU power can't fix problems that are part of the map on a large scale.
But is Main2 worth it?
@268376 wrote:
But is Main2 worth it?

Nah, we are investing tons of time into it because it's not worth it. We are like that.
@236520 wrote:
@744235 wrote:

in conclusion...

tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

...We will probably expand Classic/Main1 map. But there are several other reasons why we are switching to Main2. During the 3 years we exploited this map we learned a lot about what cause lag and what can and can not be fixed. It would be too long (and probably pointless) to make a 2 feet long message to explain all these issues in deep details, but we are aiming to prevent those issues on Main2 to keep it as "healthy" as possible.

Edit: We are barely using 20% of all the resources the server hosting Main1 and Main2 is able to provide.... and assigning more ram or more CPU power can't fix problems that are part of the map on a large scale.

sawine has a very valid point. and i will be willing to switch, but the last time i played main2, the server was in an extreme state of neglect. it was missing many plugins like silk spawners and a shop plugin. no alpha chest. and many many more things. i won't play until these things get fixed. or it is decided they won't be added.
My understanding is that it still won't have silk spawners (thank god) could anyone confirm or deny this???