Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Warping Idea
Started by [E] Pompous_Lemur

I like it as well, It would be somewhat inconvenient, but over all, it would encourage people to focus on things other than towns.

I still think that /home should be implemented.
As I said, home would still be included to allow private estates and such.

How about have it so that the only time people can actually type in warps to use them is for vaults or the WW bases, if possible.
That would be pretty cool, so its not just totally instant teleportation from city to city.
I love this idea i really hope it gets put in. it would be so realistic and awesome <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
Im going to have to go against this idea. I believe that a railway system large enough to connect all of the cities would be a waste of time and resources. For people like me, who like the creative aspect of the game, going between cities make project work harder. Also, I dont want new people who have just joined the server to have to pay for minecarts they can't afford. Also, it seems pointless to walk for five minutes to get somewhere when you can go there in two seconds. I believe that we are bringing minecraft closer to the real world than we should. Minecraft should remain a way to express creativity that cannot be done in the real world.
i do really love the idea. i will help design the rail way if needed and i think it would be really cool to have somthing connecting all of the closer cities . for instence bellagio stesnion federation elite and nregnium. i like the idea of having a big plane or ship with warp signs but how about taking it further ive seen and have this mod for planes what if we got that plugin . they can be sold they can be rented we can have airports it will expand our world further
This idea might sound good now, but later I think you all will change your mind. If you still want to put a railway in, I think it is a good idea, but I do not think that people should have to use it. It should be ridden more for pleasure than necessity. Also, if anyone really wants to use this idea of not typing warps, then they can do that without having to force it on the rest of us. Another reason against having this idea implimented is that many people will not know their way around the server. Admins and mods will have to deal with giving out directions to guests (and other members) constantly. This would require server wide cooperation in building these transportation systems, as well as providing accurate directions to different cities, dealing with lost members and guests, and other things that will become increasingly annoying after a period of time. Many members will then leave to find other servers that don't require you to make 5-10 minute trips to get from place to place everytime they need to get supplies for a project. I know that would be the first thing I would do. Please do not force us to follow this policy unless we want too. Minecraft was not designed to be a substitute for real life so we should not try and make it one.
This system would benefit the resurgence of factions. It's actually not so bad. I've played other servers that have a similar set-up and it's really not all that much of an inconvenience.

It does place more use on towns and cities, as well as, as stated before, factions. Hotels and houses will be in much higher demand for those who wish to explore and need to store items.

If you use powered rails effectively, it doesn't take a terribly long time.
My idea was not to have one server wide railway that connects all cities. I was suggesting maybe having close cities or faction territories connected by rail, and then having warp buildings at the major cities. So like chrisseb said, we could link close cities like Stesnion and Bellagio together, and then have warp stations or ships/planes at the major cities to make worldwide travel possible.
Still, there is a delay that serves no purpose. There is no reson that we should have to travel to these warp stations just to get where we are going. I don't want to have the chat box filled with people asking for directions to different cities and I definantly don't want to cross the entire map just to get where I'm going. My biggest problom with this is that there is NOT ONE advantage to having the system implimented. I have stated more reasons against in my last two posts than the rest of you have together. I do not think that we should start a system like this until someone can actually come up with a good reason to do so. (making it more like real life is not a reason, as that is the exact opposite of what video games are designed to do)