Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Warping Idea
Started by [E] Pompous_Lemur

I don't know if this will work good right now since so many cities are spread out and isolated, but I'll suggest it anyway.

If there is a way, how about make it so people can only warp from MyWarp signs. If possible, this would add a more RP feel to the server. Home warps would still be included so people could have there own personal homes easily reachable.

So people could build ships that have a warp to another ship in another city, or even planes. This would mean you actually had to physically walk to the vessel to travel. In effect, there would still be warps, but they would require some form of travel to get to them.

This would also make minecart railways more practical, instead of just for looks. People could actually start businesses, taxing people to use the railways.

This would also encourage cities to grow bigger, and people would work on enlarging existing cities, instead of going out and making there own and spending more resources to get it linked to the travel system.

Of course, this would mean people would actually need to spend resources on the infrastructure between cities, and I don't know how this would work with donor teleport abilities, but I hope it is considered for the future.
kind of like on morrowind? with the silt striders
I really like this idea myself. I would love to see a large transportation system for the server. Plus this would make a great way for guests to see the server (via minecart).
I love this idea and have suggested similar things in the past. May i suggest that along with the sudo vehicle transportations there are also some places that are hubs that can be built as well. These would be like portal buildings.

If we want this to happen we have to put up a lot of the infrastructure before we'd actually transition but if people are willing to do this it would be great.
i like this idea too
this would be amazing.
A railway system? EPIC. Maybe we can have a shop chest that gives free mine carts?
Free Minecarts!

I'm in

Lol i am so cheap
If we do this we would have to end up waiting a little bit so the admins could start on a subway from city to city. And we would have to end up designating a building in spawn as a warp building. Along with this we would have to create a poll to ask all of the current members what they think of this. We will talk to sawine and the rest of the admin team to see if they like it or not.
Glad you all liked my idea. I am willing to help build the roads and other infrastructure, also I was suggesting actually building ships/planes where the warps would be located to give it a more realistic feel.