Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Why MInetownPvP isn't "good"
Started by [E] MellowCream [1]

PvP servers may be the most popular servers now. This list will cover what makes PvP servers appeal to "pros"

Instant Soup - A simple plugin that heals hearts when Mushroom stew is eaten.

Tracking - Trackers may be made differnt way, here is the most common - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsGjtKl62DA

That's all I have for now, I'll use this thread if I come up with anymore!
Your title doesn't exactly fit... these are more of suggestions, rather than why MT PVP is bad...
Notice how "good" is in quotes. It's a good server, just with these suggestions its more appealing.
Thanks for posting these ideas.

I'll direct this thread to the PVP server manager, WhatItDo.

Contuinue coming up with more ideas for improving our server.

This will of course not be added right now, but we'll take it into consideration.
Mellocream, it also may be a good idea to change your global server signature to not have a link to another server's website.
And you should keep on topic.
Thanks for the suggestions! We love to hear from players of the PvP server about making it better. Minetown is still under revamp, and the PvP staff are working as they can to make it better. (We have been kinda busy with Summer real life things)
TNT Cannons are a must.

Stop with the resets every time someone gets too much stuff.

Silk spawners mod implementation (or similar)

A server shop which sells creeper eggs and buys rares and sells them at higher prices (creeper eggs sold at ridiculously high prices; i.e. diamond = 100, creeper egg = 10000, so no abuse)

Bish bash bosh.
@2770391 wrote:

Just learn how to PvP.....

Also.. Part of the problem is that players don't see other players on that server. I saw like 4 or 5 players on it the other day. If you just went on there for a few hours and raised the time, i'm sure others will notice and do the same. Just have to work as a community to get it going together, not as a single PvP server manager.
@1028183 wrote:
@2770391 wrote:

Just learn how to PvP.....

Also.. Part of the problem is that players don't see other players on that server. I saw like 4 or 5 players on it the other day. If you just went on there for a few hours and raised the time, i'm sure others will notice and do the same. Just have to work as a community to get it going together, not as a single PvP server manager.

There are a lot of guests that play on PvP, some for at least a month now. Some members do play occasionally, which is a good thing. I plan to be much more active when the revamp is finished, just kinda busy at the moment.
@929797 wrote:
TNT Cannons are a must.

Stop with the resets every time someone gets too much stuff.

Silk spawners mod implementation (or similar)

A server shop which sells creeper eggs and buys rares and sells them at higher prices (creeper eggs sold at ridiculously high prices; i.e. diamond = 100, creeper egg = 10000, so no abuse)

Bish bash bosh.

TNT has been enabled on PvP, the price to place it has even been removed.

There have been two resets in the past year, but our goal is to not have any more after the revamp.