Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] 3D printing minecraft objects
Started by [E] sol

Cool thanks Ill check it out I don't have the printer yet thus the math.
Too bad the last time I checked 3D printers are expensive as hell
@2020837 wrote:

well yes and...well no it depends on what you go for. Pre-Assembled printers go for like 1500 to 2500. However there is a OpenSource project called RepRap. Basically its a 3D Printer whose design is so efficient you can actually print all the basic components you need for the second one. the only things that are hard to obtain are the extruder nozzles etc etc unless you know how to machine the parts you need. a hand built ful size reprap goes around 800 dorrah.
@2571215 wrote:
@2020837 wrote:

well yes and...well no it depends on what you go for. Pre-Assembled printers go for like 1500 to 2500. However there is a OpenSource project called RepRap. Basically its a 3D Printer whose design is so efficient you can actually print all the basic components you need for the second one. the only things that are hard to obtain are the extruder nozzles etc etc unless you know how to machine the parts you need. a hand built ful size reprap goes around 800 dorrah.

The makibox goes for 200-300... cheapest ever this is what im getting can still get down to .05mm layer height
i have a makerbot rep2 buts thats rather expensive
building a rep rap is a really fun long term project lots of people i know have them