Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown TS3
Started by [E] zoom\

To reach the same level of setup (channels, passwords, special perms) on TS3 as is currently on Mumble is a relatively simple matter and can be pre-planned for. The additional features may require a little more attention to get straight, but they can be done over longer period than initial transition and I feel it would be worth the effort to get the extra benefits.

Focusing specifically on the current choice for MT (Mumble), I disagree it's set up for everything. I do periodically get complaints that stem from the limitations of Mumble (receiving service from Enjin at least), particularly related to "registering"/account association and admin/moderation issues. Not to even begin scratching some social issues that have been around longer than I've been staff.

Disclaimer: From having used both (with populated MC servers as much as other niches), I enjoy TS3 significantly more than Mumble, both as a regular user and a privileged one. Enjoy your disclaimer. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I think that TS3 is more evolved and has a better reputation in general, and lots more people have TS3, or have heard of it, than mumble, and so many people say that mumble doesnt work on their computer
There is also the additonal benefit that with TS3. You can apply for a NPL which will give you a massive boost to your user limits with no additional cost. Seeing as MT is so massive a NPL would be very easy to attain.
@2571215 wrote:
There is also the additonal benefit that with TS3. You can apply for a NPL which will give you a massive boost to your user limits with no additional cost. Seeing as MT is so massive a NPL would be very easy to attain.

not with the enjin ts3
damn that does complicate things.
Thread may be locked, according to MT revamp post - Mumble has/gonna be been switched to Teamspeak.
@1152292 wrote:
After dancing with elephants, Mumble has/gonna be been switched to Teamspeak.

This pleases me. Mumble has been giving me a fortnight of trouble after deciding to randomly stop working.