Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] n0ttsweet Banned on Prison for escape
Started by [E] n0ttsweet

Username: n0ttsweet

When you were banned : (Date.) 6/25/13 @ 9:55pm EST

Person who banned you: DanniDorrito / DarkPsy

Reason you were banned: Griefing

Server: (Wildlands, PVP, Main, Tekkit, Creative) Prison, subsequently all servers.

This is pretty straightforward. I used pistons in my market stall to push cobble through the roof and did it one less each time until i could climb like stairs to jump over the wall.

Then I got over. I couldn't destroy the blocks so I left a mess behind. Thus the greifing.

I know it was a mess to clean up. I also know it was fixed within 5 minutes of discovering it.

I know "griefing" is wrong. (I.E. my most recent ban) I had no intention to make it an act of griefing. It was an escape plan. In fact, originally it was to be a deathtrap for people to suffocate in a market stall, but then I pushed up and well... you know...

Anyways, I caused a mess with pistons and cobble. I made it over the first wall. Stuck at the second.

Not sure how to handle this. Though, I feel that maybe breaking out of prison is a very RP thing to do. Maybe I should have reported it, maybe this is just a video game and we all just wanna have fun.

If this results in a long term ban. So be it. I'll walk away with dignity.

I my defense there is no rule saying that I cannot break out. (see images 1 and 2) There IS a general rule against greifing as a parent rule from all Minetown Servers, however... so that's a fair prosecution.

Also, it says no use of hacks cheats or exploits. (see images 1 and 2) Before you say it was an exploit. It wasnt. I used a piston exactly as a piston is used. To push a block. I didn't dupe diamond blocks like the old glitch allowed...

Additionally, in those rules it says not to edit outside the market stalls (See image 3) HOWEVER. consider that in the rules it also says "No contraband items or PVP." as well as "Absolutely no safe zone camping"

At no point does it differentiate between what is a 'soft' and a 'hard' rule. Modern said something about this. Most of the rules are broken regularly and do not result in bans... Mutes for swearing, Prison for PVP, confiscate/kill for items and safezoning.

Thats all.. thats my defense. If im allowed to even have one...

But whatever, this isn't a court room. its the internet. haha

there it is.
Lmao, I tried to break out as well:P He sounds like a true convict to me.... anyways, I was banned too lol.... guess the mods didn't have a good day, and decided to take it out on people lmao:P
(Parody to the tune of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - I need to know)

Blue areas are edits xD

Well talk in D block

says you might let me go

A good friend of mine

Heard you talkin' behind closed doors

I need to know, I need to know

If you think I gotta leave

Then you better say so

Because I don't know how long I can hold on

If you're makin' me wait, and you're keepin' me off

I need to know

I need to know

Who would've thought that

I'd fall out of line

All of a sudden

It's me on the outside

If you think I gotta leave

Then you better say so

Because I don't know how long I can hold on

If you're makin' me wait, and you're keepin' me off

I need to know

I need to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uroKI4lWuT8
music lyric bump!
Hello N0t, sorry for the late reply.

As stated, you were banned for griefing and arguably exploitation. You argue you did not exploit pistons rather use them to your advantage, but you disregarded the fact that you exploited the region protections and found a way around them, hence the term exploitation. This also exceeded your pre-set region, instating that you also griefed (As stated in the OP). While you could view attempting to escape prison as a soft-rule, the way you did so was certainly not a soft way of doing it.

Think of it this way: would we softly punish someone who escaped the prison who blew the entire thing up with TNT? Probably not. Although your instance isn't as radical, it's the same general concept.

Why should you be unbanned? I see you deactivated your enjin account, but you did break two rules.