Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PredSpread Ban Appeal
Started by [E] #PredSpread

OperationNova9 wrote:
I do not remember seeing any post saying it is mandatory to have a Mumble.

Taken from the Officer/Sergeant Application thread.

GshRdnG.png

Make sure you read whats required dude.

(Sorry for posting on this appeal, just had to point something out. I'm willing to take the punishment gained from posting in a ban appeal).
I'd like to say that I gave Luggious permission to post what he posted onto my ban appeal as I could not do so at the time. Thank you Luggious for doing so.

In case it is deleted:
@1245822 wrote:
OperationNova9 wrote:
I do not remember seeing any post saying it is mandatory to have a Mumble.

Taken from the Officer/Sergeant Application thread.

GshRdnG.png

Make sure you read whats required dude.

(Sorry for posting on this appeal, just had to point something out. I'm willing to take the punishment gained from posting in a ban appeal).

Onwards.
@1123647 wrote:
First and foremost. You were not followed around. I do not recall following you around. I was, like I said, keeping a substantial eye on you as I did with the other potential prisoners who might disobey the rules. I was chasing you after you had attacked other prisoners. I would like to move forward from this topic though because in no way this a bannable offence. Also, you did have a sword. You did something that I cannot recall 100% that involved you switching swords with another prisoner and removing any contraband items from your inventory. The next time something like this happens I will speak to a warden and have both prisoners go through a complete search.

Also, you have broken a very critical rule, which is respecting staff. You consistently disrespected staff member, and your language under no circumstances was appropriate.

Also, let's set this straight. I actually liked you, before I came on the server this morning. I had seen you on the forums, and you seemed nice. But, I was proved wrong by going online. I warned you consistently over and over again because I was lenient. I am quite familiar with this server and I am very knowledgeable and know how to jail and mute.

Next up, I would like to move this topic forward. Just please tell me and the rest of the staff of why you should be unbanned and I will take that into consideration with the rest of the staff. You have shown that you do in fact care about your server, and I appreciate your great post validating and addressing each topic I have brought up in my reply.

Thanks to you, I will talk to staff about not having a Mumble. I do not remember seeing any post saying it is mandatory to have a Mumble. I do not expect to have any further say in this ban appeal, but I will keep on watching this thread to sort out any problems that may occur.

Let's deal with this post, again, on a line-by-line basis.
Quote:
You were not followed around. I do not recall following you around.

This has just gone back and forth. You were following me around for most of my time on the server and went out of your way to try and find something to kill me for as I had been PVPing and you were unable to kill me.
Quote:
Also, you have broken a very critical rule, which is respecting staff. You consistently disrespected staff member, and your language under no circumstances was appropriate.

I've already commented on this in my previous post and my opinion stands - the extent of the rule break is so minor and insignificant that it usually goes unnoticed. The fact that I had killed Insert many times and you were most likely also becoming upset at the fact that you could not kill me resulted in you both filing unofficial reports and then resulting in my immediate ban and therefore I do not see why my ban is in any way deserved. Had I not been PVPing and upset you in that sense then my extremely tiny and minor rule break would have gone unnoticed and the pure reason for my ban is that you were upset. Reports, whether unofficial or official, should be valid and to a certain extent and not filed for personal reasons and, for that reason, I firmly believe that my ban is not deserved whatsoever.
Quote:
Next up, I would like to move this topic forward. Just please tell me and the rest of the staff of why you should be unbanned and I will take that into consideration with the rest of the staff.

This is going in circles. As mentioned in my lengthy post, I do not believe my ban was reasonable in the first place. I should not be banned for an offense that would usually go unnoticed but as your personal feelings become involved you get angry and frustrated and try to find anything to keep me banned. Also, you are not in charge of my appeal - XC is. XC, and only XC or another ban committee member can move this forward.
Quote:
Also, you did have a sword. You did something that I cannot recall 100% that involved you switching swords with another prisoner and removing any contraband items from your inventory.

Simply a false claim. I asked you to jail me on a few occasions which you declined until right before my ban where you handed me a five minute jail. I was fine with this and it was a perfect alternative to being killed. I could see that you were somewhat annoyed by my PVPing and so I tried to make you feel better by allowing you to jail me for that reason. It should be understood that I am not some sort of angry bear and do actually have fun. If you came on Mumble and actually spoke to me you may actually find that I can be a lot of fun. Gashll came on Mumble and I believe that is why he did not have such a hard time. Voices speak much better than words do which is the reason why I asked XC to come onto Mumble in my post.
Hello PredSpread,

After immense discussion in staff, that you did break the rule of disrespect against staff. Due to this being your 3rd ban (or at least 4th ban I can see), the minimum allotted time for a 4th ban in the Banning Guidelines is 6-12 months. While this is still as not as big of a deal as destroying the server, you did disrespect guards and break rules allowing for a ban. I'm almost sure though you have been banned more than 3 times, so you really are being let off.

Procedures were put in place to be followed, and you will be banned for the minimum amount of time for a 3rd ban, which is 6 months. Reference sawine's ban management post:
3mSPl.jpg

Please note, you are on your absolute last warning though, next ban will result in a permanent ban from the server.

You will be unbanned on December 22nd 2013 at 12:00 PM EST.

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me or another member on the ban committee.

~Locked