Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] staff?
Started by [E] a3modz2

Hey I was thinking looking at the staff page there are a ton of Mods and like there are only 3 event staff and 2 of them are inactive at the moment is that why they are not hosting events as much as use to?
Most likely. When someone is inactive, that means they arent on the server, which in turn means that they cannot put out many events.
a3 even staff have real life things to take care of including school,work.
Oh no duh ik that........ I wasn't born yesterday lol
You must remember, this time of the year is when us teenagers have final exams.
Well, yes. A few members are very busy, but.

Everyone complains about when there aren't any events, but then maybe a third of those complainers actually come to the events we make. My point being, it is kind of sad when you work really hard on an event, and then maybe only 5-8 people show up. Lack of players means lack of events.
No-ones going to bother going to an event if they dont hear about it.

If they start doing regular weekly events that are always at the same time and adequately advertised, then people will know and more and more will show up.

You dont get big, popular events overnight.
Somebody should just program a bot to handle the easier staff functions, such as warp setting, region protections, adding people to regions, and muting for caps.
It's a bit of a vicious circle..

Events need enough participants to be fun. Thus we need more active people.

We get more active people by attracting them to our server for example by hosting fun events.

I entirely agree with Danni though. If people don't know in time that there'll be an event, nobody will show up.

Events don't always need to be grotesque sea ship battles...

Simple, solid, weekly and easy to host events get popular over time and attract the crowd for your bigger events.

Try hosting simple things:

Example:

Every Friday you place a few black wool blocks somewhere hidden in one of Minetown's many cities.

Create a 1x1x1 region over the wool block with region flag: build:allow, high region priority.

The first to find and break the block (easily traceable by hawkeye) wins a prize.

Beforehand, you make a list of all the possible cities involved with their /warps.

At the end of the day you can simply go check the hiding spots with HE and see who won.

Merits:

Anyone can participate. You don't need to be particularly good at PVP/building/agility courses/... in order to win.

Players get to witness the wonderous towns of Minetown.

This simple event can keep several people quite occupied.

Downside:

The person hosting the event needs some creative ideas as to where to place the blocks to make it challenging + needs to be able to keep his mouth shut.

If you have two or three of these small events that are well announced both ingame as on the forums and held consistently on a weekly basis, the amount of participants in any of your events should rise.
I think that the issue is that the Ent+ staff are on exams and stuff. But a3 does have a point, one thing that is always on the application is if you are availible a lot, but i think that rarely comes into account, there are some people who are on a ton, could be helping, but not one staff member is on the proxy. Or is AFK. And really, to be this big of a server and not have a single staff is pretty ridiculous. The staff need to be there to control things, and report the server crashing ext. When considering new staff platter time should be on top. Also alot of staff arent really commited to doing what they need to do. I have put in simple PEs and staff have closed them because they didn't look around or anything. What im staying is even though we take so long to get the best staff, they dont do a good job keeping "On task", for lack of better way to say it.

~jimbo