Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Jailbreak iPhone 4s or Root Galaxy s3?
Started by [E] Minecr_ft

I have had the iPhone now for a year or so, and I had it jailbroken, but there was a hardware issue and now I'm stuck with ios 6.1.3 which doesn't have a jailbreak for it yet. I'd like a galaxy s3 but, I've had the iPhone now for so long, I don't know if I should get an s3. There are major differences in Jailbreaking and Rooting. I've never had a 'rooted' android device, so I don't know how they work, or what comes with it and all of that stuff. With rooting, is there something like the "Cydia" app? With Cydia, I know you had to download the different user-made settings and different things. Any knowledge on rooting would be great. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
No on rooting you have to download stuff from your computer and put it on there
I've actually done both, on my iPod Touch and Nexus S. Rooting is much different than Jailbreaking. When you root your android phone, it looks and operates exactly the same as a normal android phone would. What you get is more access to your phone such as the ability to install custom "Roms", which is a new operating system. You will also now be able to overclock your processor to make your phone run better, but I wouldn't really recommend that, for the safety of your phone. There is no Cydia app. You are able to install 3rd party apps that aren't in Google Play when your phone comes right out of box, which is nice. You are also able to change many settings on your phone to personalize it to you. Most of what you can do from Jailbreaking, you can already do on an Android phone without Rooting. I don't know you personally, but I doubt you will need to Root your phone if you go Android. I would say go for the Galaxy S3! I've heard it is a great phone from other people that have it and many of the kids at my school that have gone from iPhone to Android love it. If you have any other questions or I didn't clarify on something, feel free to reply and I'll help ya out!

(Just saying let's not turn this into another flame war <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>)